Trusted Contributor

Re: Story and the Fex Ex Man

@CinNC

@CinNC wrote:

I was thinking Story was a greyhound when I read your post. I used to have one also - a brindle.  I was living in an apartment complex at the time and was asked if he was a deer (?a brindle) and also asked if he was a Great Dane. 

@CinNC

Story is a greyhound. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal-

Oh my goodness!

She is so beautiful!

That picture makes me crySmiley Happy

Thank you!

I would just have to hug her all day long!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I think I've told this storyWoman Happy before, but my neighbor had a rescued greyhound and one day we were all hanging out at the "cul-de-sac".

We ended up talking about everything and anything about 5 of us and her greyhound was leaning peacefully against my leg the entire time! Just like

Ferdinand-"just likes to sit and smell the flowers" Woman HappyHeart

Her daughter told her, "that is not a dog, thats a couch!" He would love laying on the couch all day and loved taking naps- a dog after my own heart!Heart

She did say though when he did want to run, he was so fast and they had to be careful that he wouldn't take off when he was in the mood (which was hardly ever lol!)He was raced before they rescued him.

He was a sweetheartSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

@CinNC

@CinNC wrote:

I was thinking Story was a greyhound when I read your post. I used to have one also - a brindle.  I was living in an apartment complex at the time and was asked if he was a deer (?a brindle) and also asked if he was a Great Dane. 

@CinNC

Story is a greyhound. 

@CinNC- I have also been asked if Story is a great dane - really?  Brindles are just beautiful! I was originally supposed to get a brindle, but it had heartworm and wouldn't be available for another 6 months - glad I got my Story instead!

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I think I've told this storyWoman Happy before, but my neighbor had a rescued greyhound and one day we were all hanging out at the "cul-de-sac".

We ended up talking about everything and anything about 5 of us and her greyhound was leaning peacefully against my leg the entire time! Just like

Ferdinand-"just likes to sit and smell the flowers" Woman HappyHeart

Her daughter told her, "that is not a dog, thats a couch!" He would love laying on the couch all day and loved taking naps- a dog after my own heart!Heart

She did say though when he did want to run, he was so fast and they had to be careful that he wouldn't take off when he was in the mood (which was hardly ever lol!)He was raced before they rescued him.

He was a sweetheartSmiley Happy

@on the bay - yes, Story came right off the track. She leans so hard on me, if I would move she would fall over!  They are big couch potatoes!

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@hoosieroriginal-

Oh my goodness!

She is so beautiful!

That picture makes me crySmiley Happy

Thank you!

I would just have to hug her all day long!

@on the bay - she is such a beauty - she feels like a bunny she is just that soft.  And sweet - I don't think there is a sweeter dog!  I'm blessed to have her.

Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Shaunac wrote:

@CinNC

@CinNC wrote:

@CinNC

Story is a greyhound. 

@CinNC- I have also been asked if Story is a great dane - really?  Brindles are just beautiful! I was originally supposed to get a brindle, but it had heartworm and wouldn't be available for another 6 months - glad I got my Story instead!

@hoosieroriginal

My Diamond is a brindle.  Going home to see her now on my lunch hour. 

Respected Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Shaunac wrote:

@CinNC

@CinNC wrote:

@CinNC

Story is a greyhound. 

@hoosieroriginal

My Diamond is a brindle.  Going home to see her now on my lunch hour. 

@Shaunac -wish you would post a picture of Diamond -I would love to see her - brindles are just beautiful!  We had several at the greyhound meet this month - although quite a few greys completely white with a few markings on them. 

Respected Contributor

Where I  used to live I had a young couple as neighbors, and they went out one day to adopt a retired greyhound. They came back with three of them. They were simply the dearest, sweetest dogs, and they traveled in this synchronized pack wherever they went. Very friendly, but stuck to their owners like glue when they went walkies.

Rescues are the greatest.

Honored Contributor

I had an Aussie who on more than one occasion, jumped the 6ft fence and ran out and got into the UPS truck.  No dog loved to ride more than my Jennie. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment