Honored Contributor

Stolen Puppy Returned after Viral Video!

Stolen puppy Chipper has been returned safely to his Texas home. 

Chipper's owner, Matt Ivy, made the announcement on Facebook Wednesday evening. 

'On my way to hopefully pick up Chipper!!!! Standby for confirmation,' Ivy said in his first update. 

Around 10pm, Ivy confirmed that Chipper was at home and safe. 

'CHIPPER IS BACK HOME!!!!!! (gotta go back to firehouse and finish my shift, will give details of what happened when I can, probably tomorrow),' Ivy, who is a Dallas firefighter wrote. 

'AGAIN I CAN NOT THANK EACH AND EVERYONE ONE OF YOU ENOUGH FOR YOUR COMPASSION, PRAYERS, SUPPORT, SHARES, AND HAVING MY BACK WITH THE SILLY TROLLS AND HATERS!!!' he added. 

It's unclear who returned Chipper home, but Ivy promised to share details on Thursday.

Earlier on Wednesday, a video of two men who were caught stealing Chipper from Ivy's yard over the weekend, made headlines. 

Ivy, who is also a French mastiff breeder, shared the video online and amassed hundreds of thousands of views. 

The video shows a black Cadillac SUV pulling over in the 5100 block of Milam Road at 2.20pm on Saturday.

Two men get out of the vehicle and one of them walks up to a wire fence enclosing the property where two adult French mastiffs and a puppy are milling about.

The suspect in a blue baseball cap, low-riding shorts and white sneakers climbs the waist-high fence, reaches down and roughly grabs the puppy by the scruff, causing him to yelp in pain.

With the puppy tucked under his arm and a cigarette dangling from his mouth, the man briskly walks back to the SUV, jumps in along with his accomplice and the vehicle speeds off.

Ivy said Chipper is 10 weeks old and has an implanted microchip.

The pooch let out a yelp when the cruel thug lifted it by the scruff

Chipper is seen being lifted over the fence by the thief

The suspect tucked the puppy under his arm and walked back to his and his accomplice's Cadillac SUV 

Video of dognapping here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6263715/Ten-week-old-French-mastiff-puppy-Chipper-returned-...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Stolen Puppy Returned after Viral Video!

Nice that the puppy was returned.I love the way video has been used to keep people who are criminals from getting away with it.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful news!! Thanks for posting. 

Honored Contributor

It just goes to show that you still have to keep an eye out when your pets are in your fenced in yard, especially if you live right on a road.

I check the lost and found ads on Craigslist for my area every day (in case I spot a stray)

and I'm surprised at how many ads say that their pet was stolen from their yard.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

We had a white German Shepherd puppy lifted out of our backyard just like the video many years ago.  We never saw it again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

It just goes to show that you still have to keep an eye out when your pets are in your fenced in yard, especially if you live right on a road.

I check the lost and found ads on Craigslist for my area every day (in case I spot a stray)

and I'm surprised at how many ads say that their pet was stolen from their yard.

@KingstonsMom Agree! This is one of the reasons we have a 6ft wood privacy fence. 

Trusted Contributor

Wow, thanks for the update. My heart broke in two for those poor ppl. Thank God for surveillance cameras. 

⚓️
Super Contributor

Great update @KingstonsMom! Thanks. What's wrong with people. Cruel to steal pets. Smh.

Super Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

Wow, thanks for the update. My heart broke in two for those poor ppl. Thank God for surveillance cameras. 

Amen @LoveMyBaby. My heart broke for the other dogs looking on as well. It just looks so sad. 

Trusted Contributor

@blueluna 

I know, the other dogs didn't react or run and bark at the thief, they look pretty laid back. Don't know much about that breed. Just glad for the happy ending👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼🙏🏼

⚓️