Honored Contributor

Re: Still trying

[ Edited ]

@geegerbee   @goldensrbest   I'll share with you what I did when I was looking for a french bulldog the past two times.  All breeds have a national club where the members have a standard to go by when breeding.

https://www.pugdogclubofamerica.com

https://grca.org (golden retriever club of america)

I went to the French Bulldog Club of America's website and looked at the Breeder Referral Directory.  I looked at my state and the surrounding states that I was willing to travel to and did a search on Maps of how far the city was from where I lived.  That way I determined which breeders to contact.

Almost none of them have phone numbers.  They prefer e-mails.  I emailed the closest breeders first and told them I was interested in a dog around three years old who was housetrained.  I realize you may want a puppy and would have done the same thing with a puppy.

The first breeder who responded actually happened to be in my city.  She had a 3 1/2 year old female.  That was just over a year ago.  With my first Frenchie that I found this way I had to travel about 2 1/2 hours to get her, which was fine with me.

This was a very satisfactory way for me to find a dog, and this is exactly what I would do the next time.  I hope this is helpful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest    Didn't you find one and decided you didn't want it?  People seem to still be buying them so they must exist somewhere.  There is so much cancer inherent in the breed that perhaps they're not breeding as many as they once did.  I've already given you my suggestions. 

Yes, last winter,  i had to turn down, i hated to do so,but no clearences .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest I am sorry that you are still feeling the deep loss of Spirit.  I lost my baby, Toby Snow, on July 4, 2021 and my heart is broken and my spirit is troubled.  Love Cambridge and know that when it is right, that special someone will come into your heart as a pet and eventually become a family member.  Just know there is a baby somewhere on its way to your heart!