Esteemed Contributor

@chlema  OMG, he's a cat burgler.

Respected Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Thanks for all your comments :-).  Spencer is an interesting dog.  My niece founded a blind dog rescue and was notified that down in S. Carolina they had a beagle that was going to be euthanized.  Their description was male, 16 yrs. old, blind and could hardly walk.  So she had him transported up here to spend his last days with her and her family.

Long story short it turned out that Spencer was only about 10 yrs. or so, was not blind and could walk just fine.  I had lost my previous rescue to cancer and my niece felt that Spencer would be a good fit for an old lady so here is is!  He's a laid back kind of guy, just give him some love and he is yours forever.  He doesn't play with toys preferring to hone his skills instead as a first-rate thief - which he does very well.

@chlema wrote:

Thanks for all your comments :-).  Spencer is an interesting dog.  My niece founded a blind dog rescue and was notified that down in S. Carolina they had a beagle that was going to be euthanized.  Their description was male, 16 yrs. old, blind and could hardly walk.  So she had him transported up here to spend his last days with her and her family.

Long story short it turned out that Spencer was only about 10 yrs. or so, was not blind and could walk just fine.  I had lost my previous rescue to cancer and my niece felt that Spencer would be a good fit for an old lady so here is is!  He's a laid back kind of guy, just give him some love and he is yours forever.  He doesn't play with toys preferring to hone his skills instead as a first-rate thief - which he does very well.

What a fantastic post!! Such a pleasure to read about your niece's blind dog foundation and how you both have saved Spencer 's life. You and your niece are wonderful examples of animal advocacy. I love your charming description of Spencer!!