Trusted Contributor

I adopted my beagle Spencer 2 years ago.  He is now about 11 or 12 years old and is an absolute delight.  However, he has a bad habit - he is a thief!  I used to find all kinds of things in his bed, from my great-grandson's toy cars to my granddaughter's phone charger. (they live with me)  Now he doesn't chew on these things, just wants them in his bed.  However the other day he surpassed himself.  We had just gotten home from food shopping and placed some of the bags on the floor.  Spencer snuck in and dragged one heavy bag to his bed - it was full of frozen food.  I'm thinking he wanted the bag of sweet potato fries.  I wonder if he has a microwave oven hidden somewhere :-).  Needless to say his hopes were dashed when I retrieved the bag.  We love him!

Respected Contributor

And I love Spencer, too!  Hey, I like pets with quirks. Woman Wink

Denise
Honored Contributor

Its so much fun to hear about the interesting things other people's dogs do.  Mine are perfect and never do quirky things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chlema -

Aw give that sweet boy some sweet potato fries for his reward! Woman LOLHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@chlema 

My son, Kingston, just loves sweet potatoes, he definitely would've stolen that bag!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a Beagle to me.  I can see Snoopy doing that.  Lol.

Respected Contributor

Spencer sounds like a cool guy 😎 

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema  😀  Spencer sounds like my Jack Russell. My cousin came to visit and he kept stealing her socks out of her suitcase. 
  After she left I kept finding socks. I mailed them to her! 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all your comments :-).  Spencer is an interesting dog.  My niece founded a blind dog rescue and was notified that down in S. Carolina they had a beagle that was going to be euthanized.  Their description was male, 16 yrs. old, blind and could hardly walk.  So she had him transported up here to spend his last days with her and her family.

Long story short it turned out that Spencer was only about 10 yrs. or so, was not blind and could walk just fine.  I had lost my previous rescue to cancer and my niece felt that Spencer would be a good fit for an old lady so here is is!  He's a laid back kind of guy, just give him some love and he is yours forever.  He doesn't play with toys preferring to hone his skills instead as a first-rate thief - which he does very well.

Esteemed Contributor

He sounds like a sweetie.  At least you know where to go if you lose something.

We have finally realized that everything belongs to the cats.

We are just allowed to live here.