Esteemed Contributor

To all you animal guys and gals:

If you use Soresto for your furry loved ones you need to apprise yourselves of what's going on with this as the government is asking the company to recall the product because of harmful affects it is having on dogs and cats.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Soresto is having problems

@gertrudecloset 

....AND humans who have handled these collars.

There are other threads on the Seresto collars here on the pet forum.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Do a web search for this info Soresto:

Members of Congress are demanding one of the largest single product recalls in U.S. history after a top-selling flea and tick collar was linked to the deaths of nearly 1,700 pets and hundreds of injuries to humans. 

"When we put the collar on, everything changed and was like a switch just flipped," Alex Jaeger said. 

Alex Jaeger and his mother, Eleanor, say two months after they put a Seresto collar on their golden retriever Blake, he developed seizures. They say their veterinarian gave Blake epilepsy medication, but the dog has never been the same.

Honored Contributor

I never used these types of collars, nor do I give heart worm pesticides to my dogs every month.

Yes, these products cause problems...and they always have.  It is no secret.

I find it shocking that Vets recommend these poisons that are making our pets sick and killing them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset 

From 3/19/21:

Congress Demands Recall of Seresto Flea & Tick Col... - Blogs & Forums (qvc.com)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @KingstonsMom .  I keyword searched Soresto.  Not Congress (didn't think that would come up).

Oh well.................🤷‍♀️......

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Thank you @KingstonsMom .  I keyword searched Soresto.  Not Congress (didn't think that would come up).

Oh well.................🤷‍♀️......

@gertrudecloset   It's Seresto with an "e."  That's why it didn't come up for you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I never used these types of collars, nor do I give heart worm pesticides to my dogs every month.

Yes, these products cause problems...and they always have.  It is no secret.

I find it shocking that Vets recommend these poisons that are making our pets sick and killing them.

I totally agree, @Carmie .  People act like this is new news.  These drugs are neurotoxins.  I hope this wakes up alot of pet owners. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't currently have pets.  As a result, I would not know that these things cause problems with pets and/or humans.  I don't know a thing about heart worm pills and things of that nature either.

I post information that I think is helpful to the many who come here for ideas, advice and news (as I come across it).  Sometimes, I get info I can use, here and sometimes I don't.

This was "news" to me.  Take what you can use and overlook the rest.  

Honored Contributor

It pays to keep things in perspective also. Seresto collars have been used millions of times with a very small percentage of users having any negative issues. They have/had a very large market share of the flea treatment market which is worth billions. I don't use them simply because my cats are collar-intolerant (to put it mildly.)

A lot of the claims of issues are likely due to coincidence. People are very prone to jumping to conclusions. "My dog died! What changed? It must be that collar!" Eh, maybe. Maybe not. As a general rule, companies don't try to kill those using their products. It tends to hurt sales over the long term.

"Congress is saying there's an issue, so there must be!" Congressmen/women can be easily bought. If a rival flea treatment maker has a factory/facility in their district, they may demand an investigation into Seresto simply to try and drive more business to the firm in their district. And don't forget, flea and tick season is just starting up now, so this is a prime time for a rival product to pay off a politician to make this an issue and hurt their rival.

Seresto collars have been around for years now and have been used millions of times and the number of deaths cited (1,700) is fairly small relative to the market share. I wouldn't put too much trust in the reports we're seeing now. Could they be true? Absolutely. Could they be wildly exaggerated? Absolutely. Could they be completely false? Yeah. If this was a widespread issue, the numbers should be a whole lot higher. It really pays to keep things in perspective. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!