Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,926
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Soresto is having problems

I used these for quite a few years, now i do not know what to use,here in maine ticks are just so very bad.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,542
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Soresto is having problems

 


@Carmie wrote:

I never used these types of collars, nor do I give heart worm pesticides to my dogs every month.

 

Yes, these products cause problems...and they always have.  It is no secret.

 

I find it shocking that Vets recommend these poisons that are making our pets sick and killing them.




I have stopped using ANY heartworm or flea/tick products.  They are ALL poison.  OVER vaccination has also caused harm/death to many dogs.  protectthepets dot com!!!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,548
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Soresto is having problems

Have used them for years and will continue to do so.  Just about everyone else I know also uses them.  As Gardenman says...perspective.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,926
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Soresto is having problems


@spent2much wrote:

 


@Carmie wrote:

I never used these types of collars, nor do I give heart worm pesticides to my dogs every month.

 

Yes, these products cause problems...and they always have.  It is no secret.

 

I find it shocking that Vets recommend these poisons that are making our pets sick and killing them.




I have stopped using ANY heartworm or flea/tick products.  They are ALL poison.  OVER vaccination has also caused harm/death to many dogs.  protectthepets dot com!!!!!


What part of the counrty do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,493
Registered: ‎11-22-2013

Re: Soresto is having problems

@gertrudecloset I have used the Seresto dog collar for abour 4 or 5 years now.  It has been a staple in my home for protecting my furbaby against fleas and ticks with success.  Have they changed the chemical makeup or what seems to be the issue?  I had not heard of this issue and my boy will be 16 May 4, God willing and I would just be sick if I killed my dog.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎12-10-2018

Re: Soresto is having problems


@goldensrbest wrote:

I used these for quite a few years, now i do not know what to use,here in maine ticks are just so very bad.


I discussed this with my vet and he said he thinks this is being blown way out of proportion.  Out of the millions of collars that are being used there are a small number of reactions. And nobody knows if all of these reactions are truly due to the collars. Also dogs can have reactions to any flea/tick meds.  He said since I've been using them on my dogs for years and they have not had any reaction that it is fine.  He said he also uses them on his dogs.  

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎03-14-2021

Re: Soresto is having problems

I wonder how many are counterfeit.  There is a huge  problem with fake Seresto  collars.  They have flooded the market.  Even seen them on FB before from a company who says they are legit,  but they are made in china knockoffs. 

 

Sometimes the fake ones slip through the system too.  They look legit but there are ways to tell the difference.   I even ended up with a counterfeit one that slipped through Amazons system. Bought 2, one was legit, one was fake. 

 

I totally understand that an animal can react to drugs just like a human.   I've even gone into shock over a normal prescribed drug that millions take.

 

I'm just wondering if the knockoffs have altered the number of pets affected by Baylor's Seresto. 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,796
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Soresto is having problems


@czecheredpast wrote:

I wonder how many are counterfeit.  There is a huge  problem with fake Seresto  collars.  They have flooded the market.  Even seen them on FB before from a company who says they are legit,  but they are made in china knockoffs. 

 

Sometimes the fake ones slip through the system too.  They look legit but there are ways to tell the difference.   I even ended up with a counterfeit one that slipped through Amazons system. Bought 2, one was legit, one was fake. 

 

I totally understand that an animal can react to drugs just like a human.   I've even gone into shock over a normal prescribed drug that millions take.

 

I'm just wondering if the knockoffs have altered the number of pets affected by Baylor's Seresto. 

 

 


 

 

@czecheredpast   I read an article that suggested fake Seresto collars were the problem.  They showed a picture of the real one next to the fake, and they looked identical.


Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling





Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,178
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Soresto is having problems

[ Edited ]

It has never been a secret that these toxic flea  products and heart worm products do great harm. But, there is big money  for the pharmaceutical companies and veterinarians pushing and selling them...much like  too many vaccinations  for pets  too often...and they continue to be sold and pushed....

 

We love our pets TO DEATH💀☠️ Sadly

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,363
Registered: ‎02-13-2021

Re: Soresto is having problems


@Boomernichols wrote:

@gertrudecloset I have used the Seresto dog collar for abour 4 or 5 years now.  It has been a staple in my home for protecting my furbaby against fleas and ticks with success.  Have they changed the chemical makeup or what seems to be the issue?  I had not heard of this issue and my boy will be 16 May 4, God willing and I would just be sick if I killed my dog.

 

@Boomernichols 


I don't currently have pets.  As a result, I would not know that these things cause problems with pets and/or humans.  I don't know a thing about heart worm pills and things of that nature either.

 

I post information that I think is helpful to the many who come here for ideas, advice and news (as I come across it).  Sometimes, I get info I can use, here and sometimes I don't.

 

This was "news" to me.  Take what you can use and overlook the rest.  





A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life