Regular Contributor

Sophie Is doing fantastic....final update!!

Our sweet Sophie is something special.  It is 11 days since her surgery and she is up and walking perfectly, jumping up on the sofa to lay on her reserved seat and running with her pals outside and playing.

She is still on her pain meds and will be for about another 4-5 days. She is eating great and loving her treats.

We got the pathology report back and she is cancer free. It was a hard decision to make but now we know we did the right thing. The surgeon took her entire right front leg and her shoulder. If we would have only taken the tumor off the cancer would have come back and would spread since it was a very aggressive cancer. She is now called a tri-pawed in medical terms.

It is amazing to watch how fast she is adapting to walking and living with 3 legs. Everyday she surprises us by doing things we thought she would never do again. When we first saw her that night right after the surgery I thought my goodness what have we done to our  beautiful girl...BUT she has proven us wrong BIG TIME! She is still our sweet and loving Sophie with great future ahead.

I want to thank everyone for all your prayers and kind thoughts. I am sure, very sure they helped Sophie to a very speedy recovery. Many, Many, Thanks from all of us. This is my final post!

Marcee, Mike, Sophie, Maggie, and Lilly

Mike....my DH

Sophie...Boston Terrier

Maggie...Yorkie-poo

Lilly... a rescue dog and no one can figure out what she but she is small, cute and full of energy 24/7 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sophie Is doing fantastic....final update!!

Glad to hear everything is going well, wishing Sophie a full recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank God,that is all I can say.  Smiley Happy So happy for all of you  <3

Valued Contributor

Great news, @Silverfox1!  Sending wishes for her speedy recovery.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

Thank you for continuing to update us on Sophie. No doubt her story will help someone else along the way. I think that is one of the greatest things about animals and the humans who love them...we help each other through the good and the bad.

GO SOPHIE! 

pup  

Trusted Contributor

Such wonderful news!!  GO, SOPHIE!

Respected Contributor

Animals are amazing - thank you for the update on Sophie! 

Trusted Contributor

@Silverfox1, I am so glad for Sophie, cancer free, happily running around with her family and gloriously surprising everyone with her progress & abilities.  You stated that: "This is my final post!" I hope not, with regards to Sophie!  Keep the Forum updated as to her progress and your other "kids".  You never know when someone on these boards might have to go through the same experiece your family had to face. As for Lilly ... post a picture so we can all make a guess or two, it could be fun.  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful weekend.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for updating us.  This is such good news!  I hope this isn't your last post.  I'd like to hear more about Sophie and your other dogs.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@Silverfox1

Thanks for posting the great news!  So happy for Sophie and her family!