Esteemed Contributor

Someone on another forum asked

Her last part of her name is dove. I need to write things down. Sorry.  Bootsie-black and white came up to me when walking in the parking lot or an outside mall many times. She had a little snipped off top ear.ee So after awhile I asked my son to pick me up in his truck to take her home. The first time he didn't have regular shoes and it made noise so she took off. The last time he did.  She is the sweetest cat. After a few years I thought she would like a playmate. I got Sandy at a shelter. They are not pals like I had hoped.

Honored Contributor

Re: Someone on another forum asked

@halfpint1 

Give them time. Your formerly feral one will naturally see any other cat as an adversary, they'll work it out.

My DD has 8 indoor formerly feral cats and eventually they all get along and love each other.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Does a snipped ear mean feral but neutered?

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 @software Yep, a clipped ear means the cat was feral and part of  trap-neuter-release program. Glad you gave the kitty a good home.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@software 

Yes, feral rescue groups trap,neuter and release.

The snipped ear is to signify that the cat has already been spayed/neutered, so they won't be trapped again.

DD and I are members of a feral rescue group.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom How wonderful of the two of you!

Respected Contributor

PATIENCE - PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE AND BE KIND IN THE PROCESS. THIS STUFF TAKES A BIT....CATS AREN'T LIKE CHILDREN, THEY CAN'T SPEAK UP - SO BE PATIENT.

Esteemed Contributor

She is black and white but no white on the face--she is so loving and sleeps with me.

Esteemed Contributor

She is the best cat. please don't forget black cats even with some white to adopt. I read they are hard to find a family.