Respected Contributor

What a baby!!  So sweet.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom , So his nails just grow, or am i understanding this wrong?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Yes they just grow and we walk him on concrete and asphalt twice a day to try to help wear them down.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Would putting a muzzle on him, be out of the question, because of the abuse he had done to him?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  Clancy looks like a "little thinker" to me.  I like that in a dog. How sweet he is!  I pray you will have many happy memories with him.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

He wears a muzzle in trying to do them, but he struggles so hard the techs give up.

At 80+ lbs., he's all muscle and very strong. Once, they had 4 techs trying to hold him down, didn't work.

I just hate traumatizing him with something that he hates or fears so much and complete sedation is always risky (for us and our pets)!

We'll keep working on it!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Clancy is such a beautiful pup.  I wish I could borrow him for a day.  We are too up in years to have a dog, but we adopted our Winston, mostly Maine Coon, the breed of kitty who thinks he is a dog.

Wishing you many years of happiness with Clancy!

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I had a groomer that once cut my westies nails too short and they bled all over my ivory rugs.  It must have stung her terribly.  That groomer was gone from my orbit and I warned the next groomer.  I never had another problem.  If it happened to Kingston over and over you can understand why he won't let anyone cut his nails.  If he is ever operated on for anything else remember his nails and they can do them then.  In the meantime walking him on concrete is a good solution.  I hate that he was ever abused.  You are a good Mommy and always have his best interest in mind.  Thanks so much for the update.  Hope his dad is doing better too (although this is all about pets).

Honored Contributor

A few more ,of clancyDSCN0291.JPGDSCN0303.JPGDSCN0310.JPG

Honored Contributor

OH he's so cute!! I love him Heart @goldensrbest