Honored Contributor

Some funny kitty humor & Valerie lighted items 😂😂😂

My kitty is not happy and a little out of sorts these past few days.  I've had several contractors here & yesterday after they finished I had cleaning crew come in and after this rugs cleaned.

So, he's been "hiding" in his usual spot under my bed.  After calling him & trying to get him to come out -- I got down on my hands & knees (which isn't easy with bad knees) to check on him.

OMG, I died laughing -- under my bed was lit up like NYC.  I forgot to remove batteries and timers were coming on from all my lighted VPH items when I was putting away my Christmas things.  (I keep all fragile / glass pieces in under bed storage container).

I am laughing and of course, take box out & remove batteries.

But here is the funniest part:  My spouse goes in later to check on him -- comes out of bedroom and says "you need batteries in the night light you have for Fricky under the bed".  I swear I was choking I was laughing so bad....

I can't believe he thought I had a nite light under the bed for the cat🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣...can you tell our kitty is spoiled but not this spoiled ...

He's still hiding but no nite light😄😉

Honored Contributor

Re: Some funny kitty humor & Valerie lighted items 😂😂😂

@homedecor1 -

Aw, ok now I think you better keep that night light on!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   Good story.  That's hilarious!  😂

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

My kitty is not happy and a little out of sorts these past few days.  I've had several contractors here & yesterday after they finished I had cleaning crew come in and after this rugs cleaned.

So, he's been "hiding" in his usual spot under my bed.  After calling him & trying to get him to come out -- I got down on my hands & knees (which isn't easy with bad knees) to check on him.

OMG, I died laughing -- under my bed was lit up like NYC.  I forgot to remove batteries and timers were coming on from all my lighted VPH items when I was putting away my Christmas things.  (I keep all fragile / glass pieces in under bed storage container).

I am laughing and of course, take box out & remove batteries.

But here is the funniest part:  My spouse goes in later to check on him -- comes out of bedroom and says "you need batteries in the night light you have for Fricky under the bed".  I swear I was choking I was laughing so bad....

I can't believe he thought I had a nite light under the bed for the cat🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣...can you tell our kitty is spoiled but not this spoiled ...

He's still hiding but no nite light😄😉

@homedecor1   LOL!  Has that area been lit since you put your items away after Christmas last year?

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1, I think you should request Valerie to come up with a special kitty light you can time for 8 or 12 hours for Fricky and friends.  I'm sure it'll be a hit with everyone and Fricky will be delighted!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

yes!!! I guess the statements about battery life must be true and I only use Duracell on my VPH pieces.  I always program my things to come on at 7:00 pm.  I'm sure they were "dim" but good for kitty night lite!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I hope Valerie sees the new use for her battery items! 

I have forgotten to turn some off and found them on inside bookcases. Now I try to remember to remove them because I’ve had some leak.

Poor Kitty will miss it’s light!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@mousiegirl 

yes!!! I guess the statements about battery life must be true and I only use Duracell on my VPH pieces.  I always program my things to come on at 7:00 pm.  I'm sure they were "dim" but good for kitty night lite!!! 

@homedecor1   LOL!  I can testify for Duracell.  There is a Valerie tree in the living room on the mantle that I missed, and it comes on every night since before last Christmas!  I decided to let it go to see how long the batteries will last, lol.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

I don't mean this to sound wrong, but many days, my husband is mostly a source of angst to me. Then all of a sudden, he says something just like yours did today, and I think I'm going to die laughing at him. 

I guess that is why they look at us like we are crazy sometimes, because they think we do crazy things like provide nightlights under the bed for the cat. Don't you wonder where they get their ideas? LOL

Here is my husband story for the day

We had lived here for 20 years. I keep several bath towels and washcloths in the master bath under the sink, and keep them stocked so we always have clean towels for our use in there. 

We also have a linen closet in the hallway, always been there, always been designed to be a linen closet, always held the extra towels and other linen closet stuff, like extra soap, shampoo etc. and he often gets in there for Q Tips, soap etc when needed.

One day, we were out of clean towels in the master bath (which honestly never happens), so I told husband to get some out of the linen closet. He looked at me and asked "Where is the linen closet?". 

I asked if he was new here and shook my head. 

When the kids are done giving us grey hairs, the husbands step right in and take over.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

TOO FUNNY!!!!  Thanks for sharing!!!  Cat LOL Cat LOL Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”