Honored Contributor

Some SCIENCE DIET recalled - excess Vit D

[ Edited ]
Because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified, I'm sending you this special recall alert. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.

Hill's Pet Nutrition is recalling multiple lots of BOTH its Prescription Diet and Science Diet dog foods due to elevated levels of vitamin D.

Very high levels of vitamin D can lead to serious health issues in dogs, including kidney dysfunction.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:

Hill's Prescription Diet and Science Diet Dog Food Recall

Please share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

P.S. Not already on our dog food recall notification listSign up to get critical dog food recall alerts by email. There's no cost for this service. No spam. Cancel anytime.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Some SCIENCE DIET recalled - excess Vit D

@GingerPeach  Thank you for posting this.  I use Science Diet dry kibbles for Sensitive Stomachs.  I just checked their website to make sure it was not on the list.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach  Thank you! I only feed mine 2 pieces of dental a day it’s dry & thankfully not on recall. It’s scary!

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Thanks for this info.

Kiku wants that spare eye liner!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach

Thanks for this info.

Kiku wants that spare eye liner!

@Drythe That made me chuckle!  Kiku just had a bath so she is pretty enough.  (Now the house is overheated.)   I would not, however, be all that surprised if she began to experiment with makeup.  She's so darn clever.  Woman Wink

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you the info.  My Yorkie is on the KD beef & veg/gravy, so glad this was'nt on the recall list.

Respected Contributor

So many dog foods get recalled... it concerns me.  I started cooking our Golden's food (meat, veggies and quinoa) and we add a small amount of Fromm kibble to it.  I emailed Fromm (frommfamily.com) and asked them several important questions about exactly how and where their food is produced.  I found the questions on dogsnaturallymagazine.com.  I was quite satisfied with Fromm's response.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I feed acana,and orijen, i feel they are best for dry kibble.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I feed acana,and orijen, i feel they are best for dry kibble.

With the on going talks between Nestles and Champion many have started looking at other foods.  Small shops are dropping the products.  There is a new line that some are carrying, Farmina N & D.  My dogs have been doing well on it.  They have some interesting products.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy

Yikes, that’s a scary thought!  I’ll have to check into the Farmina. Thanks for the heads-up!