Valued Contributor

Smell in Carpet ☹️

[ Edited ]

We are fostering a special needs dog for a local shelter.  He is doing well and I thought we had him pretty much housebroken.  Yesterday, I started smelling a very distinct odor and it turns out he has been going potty behind a chair in our family room.

I have tried Resolve Urine Destroyer as well as a vinegar/water solution, but the smell continues to linger.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Honored Contributor

Re: Smell in Carpet ☹️

[ Edited ]

Theres a new product I've seen advertised that they say will remove skunk odor.  You might look for it.  Called Pooph or similar.

Here it is.

Screenshot_20230603_131813_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss Chewy has a cleaner that is professional grade. It is Rocco & Roxie Supply Company Stain & Odor Eliminator. It breaks down the odor and stain.

Honored Contributor

Whatever you do it needs to come out of the padding.

We had a rescue kitty confined to a room and found he was marking under the bed. We called in Stanley Steamer's for special treatment.

What a difference that made. Absolutely no smell now.

Honored Contributor

I recommend Scoe10x because it works!

I used it to clean carpet pet smells and even a sofa once.

My husband has used it to remove smells from crime scenes that were discovered days later...truly an awful smell.

We used to order directly from the company, but it is not available on Amazon.

1FE659EA-0805-49F3-820D-89EBF69FDCFB.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Odoban works.  You can by it at WM or the hardware stores.

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess :  ITA  I fostered for a couple of years and used Stanley Steamer as a last resort to keep from having to toss furniture and flooring parts. They got the job done!

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

@OKPrincess :  ITA  I fostered for a couple of years and used Stanley Steamer as a last resort to keep from having to toss furniture and flooring parts. They got the job done!

They sprayed something first but they said it was important to clean the padding.  Thank goodness I haven't had that problem since. Good luck!!

Trusted Contributor

First of all thank you for fostering! a noble compassionate deed. Biokleen Bac-Out’s bio-enzymatic cleaning power removes the toughest stains and odors. From pet mishaps to wine spills, Bac-Out works wonders on fabrics, laundry, carpets, furniture and more. It safely eliminates stains, odors and urine from your furry friend's favorite areas. It contains live enzyme cultures that break down stains and odors into tiny particles. This type of enzymatic cleaning allows for continued elimination of the stain and odor. 

•  biodegradable ingredients, never test on animals, and are manufactured in the U.S.Bac-Out Stain + Odor Remover - 32 oz.

Honored Contributor

Kids N Pets will work to remove odors. Available all over.