Honored Contributor

SleekEZ Original Deshedding Grooming Tool

[ Edited ]

I saw this presented on QVC a few months ago.  They were selling a set of two.  I have never found anything that worked for combing Frankie.  She has short hair, but she does shed.  

I've tried the rubber slickers, brushes, gloves and other things and nothing works.  They showed this on a long haired dog, so I actually decided to try it for Henry, my medium haired cat.  I never really thought about Frankie, my dog.

I didn't want two so ordered the 5" tool from Amazon.  It doesn't work that well on Henry, but works great for Frankie!  I'm so glad I got it.  I just wanted to recommend it for anyone looking for something for a short haired pet that sheds.  

The set of two on QVC is M61982.  On Amazon search for it exactly as I titled this post.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: SleekEZ Original Deshedding Grooming Tool

I have the large one ,i do not like it at all, i have rakes, combs,slickers ,and many more grooming tools ,my favorite  i use first before the other tools on my dogs,is a old fashion shedding blade.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have the large one ,i do not like it at all, i have rakes, combs,slickers ,and many more grooming tools ,my favorite  i use first before the other tools on my dogs,is a old fashion shedding blade.

@goldensrbest   Did you buy it for your goldens?  After trying it on my medium haired cat and short haired dog, I really think it works much better on short hair.  I wouldn't think it would do a good job on a golden.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack@goldensrbest. This is my favorite deshedding tool.  It's lightweight, non-bulky and easy to handle.  It was great on my collies and I think would work well on a cat.  It's got blades which curve downward...you can't see the curve in the photo.

20191125_180056.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624- I think that would be far too harsh to use on a cat.  They don't have thick, coarse fur and it looks like it would damage the underlying skin.

The tool I use on my cats is the Zoom Groom.  Soft rubber "teeth" and it works beautifully without hurting them.

The Oster Dog Rake looks like something that would've been better suited to the Airedale I had.  (I just checked it out and it says it's suitable for large breeds, with a thick, coarse undercoat.  Breeds like Newfoundlands and Border Collies.  Definitely not suitable for cats.)

Honored Contributor

@Venezia.  The blade that cuts the hair never touches the skin of the animal because it's curved away from the skin.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NickNack@goldensrbest. This is my favorite deshedding tool.  It's lightweight, non-bulky and easy to handle.  It was great on my collies and I think would work well on a cat.  It's got blades which curve downward...you can't see the curve in the photo.

20191125_180056.png

I have that one also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I did end up buying a rake for Henry, and it works great.  I have two drawers of grooming tools, but the two newest ones are the best for the two I have now.

-Henry David Thoreau