Trusted Contributor

Re: Skin Problem For Frankie

@NickNack

I'm sorry Frankie has another health issue.  I hope your vet is able to give you positive results on his appointment.  

Please give Frankie hugs for me.  Best of luck on the Wednes. appt.

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@NickNack

I'm sorry Frankie has another health issue.  I hope your vet is able to give you positive results on his appointment.  

Please give Frankie hugs for me.  Best of luck on the Wednes. appt.

Thanks @ScenicMaine.  Frankie is 7 years old, and these are basically the only health issues she's ever had.  When it rains it pours I guess.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack

I see how you always update us all & we appreciate it.  We want only the best for Miss Frankie & Mr. Henry.  

You do such a great job of staying on top of it all.  We have to do all we can for our pet babies.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

Poor Miss Frankie, and you!  My first thought was a ‘lick granuloma’ caused by constant locking of one area.  Usually this is due to stress of some type.  But I know you would notice constant licking.  

So, I think thyroid issue also.  I hope everyone is well soon.  How is Mr. Henry?

Best Wishes to all of you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack

Poor Miss Frankie, and you!  My first thought was a ‘lick granuloma’ caused by constant locking of one area.  Usually this is due to stress of some type.  But I know you would notice constant licking.  

So, I think thyroid issue also.  I hope everyone is well soon.  How is Mr. Henry?

Best Wishes to all of you.

@Drythe  She wouldn't be able to reach those spots to lick.  I have wondered if it was from stress from her eye problem though.  Our Vet appt. isn't until Wednesday, and it's supposed to snow on Tuesday.  She's staying in Day Care at the Vet tomorrow while I go out of town.  I'm going to see if we can possibly get an appt. late tomorrow afternoon when I get back instead of Wednesday.  I'm so afraid I won't be able to drive on Wednesday because of the snow.

Henry is doing great.  He's the perfect boy!

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Ask if Frankies medications can be contributing to her fur loss.  If you call the Vet today and let them know Frankie will be there boarding on tuesday , perhaps  if a blood test is needed they can draw it while she's there and have some results to review at your scheduled wednesday appointment?

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Ask if Frankies medications can be contributing to her fur loss.  If you call the Vet today and let them know Frankie will be there boarding on tuesday , perhaps  if a blood test is needed they can draw it while she's there and have some results to review at your scheduled wednesday appointment?

@candys mine  I called this morning to see if they could possibly see her for an appt late this afternoon when I pick her up from Day Care.  They are working her in.  I'm so glad.  I have been so afraid I wouldn't be able to make the appt. on Wednesday because of snow.  I did look up side effects of her eye drops, and they're all related to her eye.  There weren't any other side effects.  I will definitely mention it though.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

They squeezed Frankie in late this afternoon when I picked her up from Day Care at the Vet.  She has seasonal flank alopecia.  That's what the circle of lost hair is on each of her sides.  That means they lose hair in the winter and usually grow it back in the spring.  The treatment is melatonin twice a day for two to three months.

She also has a UTI.  She has been begging me to take her out every hour to hour and a half.  She started her on an antibiotic for that.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I'm glad they could fit you in today that takes a load off your mind.  At least her hair loss is nothing serious.  Springtime will cure it!  maybe pre emptive treatment next fall will ward it off next year.  Good thing you did move that appointment up. Poor Frankie UTI is no fun. Shes got her treatments to make her feel better two days sooner than she would have. now snowbound or not she has what she needs thanks to you.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

I'm glad they could fit you in today that takes a load off your mind.  At least her hair loss is nothing serious.  Springtime will cure it!  maybe pre emptive treatment next fall will ward it off next year.  Good thing you did move that appointment up. Poor Frankie UTI is no fun. Shes got her treatments to make her feel better two days sooner than she would have. now snowbound or not she has what she needs thanks to you.

Thanks @candys mine.  It looks like we really are going to get snow, so I'm so glad they worked us in.  We were there two hours, but it was worth it.  I'm sure Frankie isn't comfortable with the UTI and should feel better after a couple of days on the antibiotic.

-Henry David Thoreau