Honored Contributor

Re: Skin Problem For Frankie

That's interesting @Gourmet.  Frankie was eating Fromm Duck & Sweet Potato and was having bad gas.  I thought a grain free food might help and switched to Wellness Core recently.  I don't see how that could be it but will mention it to the Vet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Gourmet wrote:

Hi... I have a daushund and a toy cocker spaniel.  Was feeding them Neutro Max and noticed the same thing.  I switched to grain free Neutro with limited ingedients and have not had a problem since.   Hope this helps.

@Gourmet  I just replied to you but thought of something else.  Were any of the places on your dogs in a circle like Frankie's?

-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

No, I don't think so.  My puppy was losing fur and getting all mated.  It might depend on the fur.  My cocker has very long fur.  My doxie has short.  Of coarse, all dogs a different. It has been awhile since my girls have had a problem since I switched their food. Ever since I changed to grain free no fur loss and no bare spots on puppies. It couldn't hurt to try.  Thanks for asking.  Also, they are more active.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Until you see your vet, do you have something you can rub into the skin, maybe coconut oil? How long ago did you change her food?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Until you see your vet, do you have something you can rub into the skin, maybe coconut oil? How long ago did you change her food?

@goldensrbest  I changed her food a few weeks ago.  She went from duck & sweet potato to grain free turkey.  I don't have any coconut oil or anything else really to rub into her skin.  I think she'll be okay until Wednesday.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Coconut oil is good for their skin, i always have jars, good for your skin also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I’ve been reading about hair loss in dogs and think this might be hypothyroidism. If that’s it, it won’t be difficult to treat.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  HypOthyroid is what I was thinking too.  Poor little girl. If it's not one thing it's another.  Shes lucky she's got an attentive mommy like you.  Hope her eye is under control.  Hello to Master Henry too.

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking Thyoid also. A dog I used to have had ringworm and it didn’t look like that. Also it’s usually on face & paws.

But could be something else & the change in diet you did will help!

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@NickNack  HypOthyroid is what I was thinking too.  Poor little girl. If it's not one thing it's another.  Shes lucky she's got an attentive mommy like you.  Hope her eye is under control.  Hello to Master Henry too.

Thank you @candys mine.  We saw the ophthalmologist again recently, and he said her eye is about 70% healed now.  It doesn't look like there's anything wrong with her to just look at her.  I'm giving her steroid drops 6 times a day now.

-Henry David Thoreau