Trusted Contributor

Re: Skin Problem For Frankie

@NickNack

What a relief you were able to get Frankie's appt. for today.  It not only speeded up Frankie's treatment, but also a couple less days of worry/ stress for you wondering what the problem is.

I'm so glad it's not as serious a problem, but, my gosh, the UTI probably has Miss Frankie wondering what's going on with herself ..  Mr. Henry definitely needs to keep a watchful eye on Frankie & be on his best behavior. I'm sure you can count on him being the loving brother Cat Happy

Once Frankie's health problems heal, she deserves a nice spa treatment.  Hugs again to Frankie & Henry,

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@NickNack

What a relief you were able to get Frankie's appt. for today.  It not only speeded up Frankie's treatment, but also a couple less days of worry/ stress for you wondering what the problem is.

I'm so glad it's not as serious a problem, but, my gosh, the UTI probably has Miss Frankie wondering what's going on with herself ..  Mr. Henry definitely needs to keep a watchful eye on Frankie & be on his best behavior. I'm sure you can count on him being the loving brother Cat Happy

Once Frankie's health problems heal, she deserves a nice spa treatment.  Hugs again to Frankie & Henry,

@ScenicMaine  Thank you.  I was thinking about that this morning when we woke up.  First Frankie's eye, and now her UTI.  She's been feeling bad for so long.  She's very stoic so it makes it hard to tell anything is wrong.  I feel so sorry for her.  Antibiotics make you feel better quickly, though, so I'm hoping in a couple of days her UTI will feel much better.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack

As a dog owner since 1981, I have probably paid for a "wing" at several veternarians' offices from all of the diagnosis of every kind and had to treat (only owned American cocker spaniels).   

Next time you take Frankie to the vet, schedule a test for a urine cortisol/creatinine ratio analysis that can usually rule out Cushing's Disease.   With Frankie's eye, UTI, and skin issue ... these are symptoms.  My best to Frankie & you.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@NickNack

As a dog owner since 1981, I have probably paid for a "wing" at several veternarians' offices from all of the diagnosis of every kind and had to treat (only owned American cocker spaniels).   

Next time you take Frankie to the vet, schedule a test for a urine cortisol/creatinine ratio analysis that can usually rule out Cushing's Disease.   With Frankie's eye, UTI, and skin issue ... these are symptoms.  My best to Frankie & you.

@seaBreeze  I checked out symptoms of Cushing's Disease before I took her in.  Eye problems weren't listed anywhere that I read.  Skin problems are common in French Bulldogs.  I think it was just a coincidence that she got a UTI at the same time.  I did ask the Vet if these things could be related to her eye disease, and she said "no."  Both ophthalmologists that I've seen said that the auto-immune disease of her eye would not affect any other part of her body.

If these symptoms continue I will definitely mention Cushing's and hypothyroidism (what I had thought it could be) to the Vet.  Thank you for mentioning it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack...just checked in here, I'm not on too often, but I saw your posts about Frankie.   I thought maybe a reaction to her steroid eye drops (I posted earlier), but glad vets said otherwise.   My Gabriel was on several meds, including antibiotics...so probiotics were suggested while on them.  Helps boost the friendly bacteria.   I always gave my other dogs a heaping spoonful of plain Greek yogurt,  but Gabriel couldn't tolerate it.  So he gets his in tablet form,  or powder, depending on which brand.  Although hes off meds, I continued to give it, to boost his immune system.   Maybe something you'd like to consider,  and of course, talk to your vets.  Research it too🙂    Hoping the best for you and Frankie !!

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@NickNack...just checked in here, I'm not on too often, but I saw your posts about Frankie.   I thought maybe a reaction to her steroid eye drops (I posted earlier), but glad vets said otherwise.   My Gabriel was on several meds, including antibiotics...so probiotics were suggested while on them.  Helps boost the friendly bacteria.   I always gave my other dogs a heaping spoonful of plain Greek yogurt,  but Gabriel couldn't tolerate it.  So he gets his in tablet form,  or powder, depending on which brand.  Although hes off meds, I continued to give it, to boost his immune system.   Maybe something you'd like to consider,  and of course, talk to your vets.  Research it too🙂    Hoping the best for you and Frankie !!

Thanks @Dazlin.  I give Frankie a digestive enzyme/probiotic combo every day with her meals because she has gas.  I mentioned this to my Vet and she said it would be good with her antibiotic.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack

Well, tomorrow's a brand new day (although stormy & freezing) - with the new day, I hope it brings relief for Miss Frankie so she can feel like her old self again.  May Frankie wake up tomorrow morning feeling much better & smile for you @NickNack.  I'm sure she appreciates all of your love & care.

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack...would you mind sharing which probiotics you give? I'm always on the hunt.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:
@Nicknack...would you mind sharing which probiotics you give? I'm always on the hunt.

@Dazlin  I give her Solid Gold D-Zyme Probiotics Chews for Dogs & Cats.  That's how it's listed on Amazon.  The container says Solid Gold D-Zyme + Probiotics.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much NickNack!!