Honored Contributor

Silverback in Slingbacks, LOL!

A swaggering gorilla was able to keep his feet dry by fashioning himself a pair of homemade shoes.

Male Western Lowland gorilla N'Dowe was pictured walking at Paignton Zoo, in Devon, with bespoke footwear made he from cloth and wood wool.

The morning was cold and bright and the grass was wet so enterprising N'Dowe made himself the natty footwear.

Zoo spokesperson Phil Knowling said: 'Gorillas are smart and N'Dowe knows exactly how to avoid getting wet feet - he made himself a pair of shoes.

'We see clever behaviour from the gorillas all the time - it's amazing for people to see this, it helps them make a stronger connection with gorillas and with the wild world, and that's what zoos are here for!'

The gorilla troupe had been given the materials as enrichment. 

Ingenious Lowland gorllia N'Dowe was photographed swaggering across dewy grass at Paignton Zoo, in Devon, wearing a pair of homemade shoes 

It helps [people] make a stronger connection with gorillas and with the wild world, and that's what zoos are here for!' said Mr Knowling

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Re: Silverback in Slingbacks, LOL!

Love his style!  Thanks for sharing...I needed a good laugh today.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Awwwww .... how sweet. 

Honored Contributor

@chloe66

'Silverback Sandals' will be the next big craze, I wonder if our fashion guru @lolakimono

can find us some, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Love gorillas!

(And people thought I was crazy when I was annoyed because Kipling kept calling their gorilla a monkey.  There's a difference!!!  Gorillas are brilliant!)

Esteemed Contributor

Lol .... I wonder if they have arch support? .... 😂😇