Respected Contributor

Re: Siamese Cats

[ Edited ]

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

To all those meezer lovers, I just thought that I would add that if you are looking for a meezer (and sometimes other related breeds), there is no better place to go than Siamese Rescue.  They have a website.  There are sister organizations around the country.  They rescue all ages so you can adopt young kittens and geriatric cats, bonded pairs, purebreds and so on.  The cats are totally vetted and then put in special foster care where these foster dads and moms have been trained and know what they are doing.  Siamese Rescue knows their cats' behaviors and personalities and can guide potential adopters so that there is a good fit.  A lot goes into their organization to provide love, medical care and the best option for each individual cat. There is even "Meezer Express" which are volunteers who  drive the cat to their new home even if it is a few states away.  Please at least consider them if you are thinking of adopting.

Meezer:  Thanks for the Siamese Rescue information and might I add that this whole topic was such a pleasure to read, it really made my day brighter and brought back great memories of my 2 loves!  So glad other Siamese lovers had the same great experience and love I received from my Siamese and Tonkinese....

Valued Contributor

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

To all those meezer lovers, I just thought that I would add that if you are looking for a meezer (and sometimes other related breeds), there is no better place to go than Siamese Rescue.  They have a website.  There are sister organizations around the country.  They rescue all ages so you can adopt young kittens and geriatric cats, bonded pairs, purebreds and so on.  The cats are totally vetted and then put in special foster care where these foster dads and moms have been trained and know what they are doing.  Siamese Rescue knows their cats' behaviors and personalities and can guide potential adopters so that there is a good fit.  A lot goes into their organization to provide love, medical care and the best option for each individual cat. There is even "Meezer Express" which are volunteers who  drive the cat to their new home even if it is a few states away.  Please at least consider them if you are thinking of adopting.

I agree.

Rescue cats & dogs - that's the way to go!

So many need homes. 

All of our 4 cats came from the Humane Society.

Honored Contributor

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

@Meezerpleezer

I adopted a long-hair blue point from them years ago.  She came from a hoarding situation in TX.  Her fur was soft as cotton, I named her Rosie-Cotton.

Currently, I have 2 Hemys rescued from Katrina, one calico/meese also from Katrina, and a pair from the local shelter.

What a joy!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Siamese Cats

[ Edited ]

I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!

We are Siamese if you please
We are Siamese if you don't please
We are former residents of Siam
There are no finer cat than I am
Do you see what I see with my eyes?
People have been baking up some pies
Peeping jumping up upon their window
Though delicious spice we could get into
Who is that who is living in that wire house
It must be a bird because it's not a mouse
If we're sneakin' up upon it carefully
There will be some bird for you and some for me
Do you seeing that thing swimming round and round?
Maybe we could reaching in and make it drown
There will be some fish for you and some for me.

Songwriters: Sonny Burke / Oliver Wallace / Peggy Lee

The Siamese Cat Song lyrics © Walt Disney Music Company

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I adore Siamese cats. My first was when I was 8. My last went over when I was 40. Since then, I've had mixed breed rescues. Mine were all seal points. Love the coloring on them.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!

We are Siamese if you please
We are Siamese if you don't please
We are former residents of Siam
There are no finer cat than I am
Do you see what I see with my eyes?
People have been baking up some pies
Peeping jumping up upon their window
Though delicious spice we could get into
Who is that who is living in that wire house
It must be a bird because it's not a mouse
There will be some bird for you and some for me
Do you seeing that thing swimming round and round?
Maybe we could reaching in and make it drown
There will be some fish for you and some for me.

Songwriters: Sonny Burke / Oliver Wallace / Peggy Lee

The Siamese Cat Song lyrics © Walt Disney Music Company

I remember that song from years ago. Now it is playing in my head, lol.

Frequent Contributor

They are just the best.  I raised them for many years.  My Wednesday was just the love of my life.  I always called her "My Angel in a fur suit".  I work part time at a shelter and now have a classic tiger....Benjamin and love him to pieces.....but.....maybe someday I will get another Siamese...

Valued Contributor

Me,me(raises hand) I have Sweet Stewie who is 13 years old. We found him in our backyard.The vet calls him a snowshoe applehead. He's a mommy's  boy,for sure. he has a white mark on his top lip that I call his beauty mark. You can hear his purr in the next room. Love him to pieces!

I also  feed a feral cat who is a siamese mix of some sort. She is very sweet but skittish.I had her fixed so no babies for her or us. 

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

Me,me(raises hand) I have Sweet Stewie who is 13 years old. We found him in our backyard.The vet calls him a snowshoe applehead. He's a mommy's  boy,for sure. he has a white mark on his top lip that I call his beauty mark. You can hear his purr in the next room. Love him to pieces!

I also  feed a feral cat who is a siamese mix of some sort. She is very sweet but skittish.I had her fixed so no babies for her or us. 

@Estates

Bless you for saving Sweet Stevie, and your lil' girl mix.

Honestly Appleheads are the most sweet boys I've ever known!

Honored Contributor

@shopper since 1989 wrote:

Lucy, is a Snowshoe.  She just turner 12.

From the Arizona Humane Society.

We call her Goofy, Goofer, Mrs Goofinheimer,  Goofer Marie.....

.P1260455.JPG

@shoppersince1989

Had to laugh about the multiple names, I think their personalities are so great it takes many names to cover them.  Reminds me of T. S. Elliot's poem "Naming a Cat".