Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I be feeding a feral cat???

luvmyteddy wrote:

I started trapped years ago with doing TNR work. All the kitties are spayed & neutered of course.

I have Big Papa, Tarzan, Titan, Sissy & Buddy

Tarzan & Titan are Big Papa's own babies, their mom took off too fast after she was done nursing them & I was not able to trap her.

I was trying to Buddy last Nov when I ended up with Sissy instead who was only 5 months old at the time.

Buddy is an older feral who was extremely hard to trap but I finally got him in January. It took me 6 more months of trying to socialize him on the porch before he was ready to come in. I got him inside in June & while not happy at first, he has become one of the family and everyone loves him.

Buddy still smacks me once in awhile but better all the time. lol

If a feral shows up on my front porch then I will do everything in my power to trap & get them inside.

Happy Ending... 

@luvmyteddy4, You and your furbabies have had quite a few adventures. Perhaps you could write the stories of each one in a scrapbook type of "Family Journal" and add photos.  It would certainly hold a lot of great memories. Cat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyCat HappyHeart

~

Thanks for your reply.

~

A feral cat, Boots, eventually came to stay at my home a couple of years ago. Each day, I think of how his life is now compared to how he was living - eating whatever he could hunt & hiding and/or running from coyotes, bobcats, owls etc., how scary that must have been. Cat HappyWoman HappyHeart