watching Sisko

8-19-15 042.JPG

hanging out

8-19-15 048.JPG

I have a headache

8-19-15 052.JPG

8-19-15 010.JPG

little play time with bro

Teddy is not going well and trying a new seizure med now. I know her time is near but still eating like a horse. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Should I be feeding a feral cat???

Thanks for sharing new pictures of the kitties.  They are all so gorgeous and growning like weeds.  So sorry that Teddy is not doing well.  Hope you are doing well.  I check all the time to see if you have posted any updates.  Thanks for shairing.

Respected Contributor

Just for you Rustys Mom:

8-29-15 010.JPG

Teddy sat in some drywall mud they left in the front yard, had to cut it out.

8-29-15 021.JPG

always kisses and his arms wrapped around me

8-29-15 018.JPG

8-29-15 013.JPG

little toe beans

Valued Contributor

Awww.....they are so cute.  Teddy looks good in this picture.  Thanks for posting.  Hope all is well.

Respected Contributor

@Rustys mom wrote:

Awww.....they are so cute.  Teddy looks good in this picture.  Thanks for posting.  Hope all is well.

Thanks Rusty,

Teddy is not doing great but I was hoping to get all these construction workers out of my house before I did anything. Two months later and they were supposed to finish last week and the ceiling in the back room is a mess. They don't know it yet. I have to think about what I am going to do and pay them for. I hope very little.

I need everyone gone when Teddy passes because I will be a basket case.

Little feral Titan is so funny. He has gotten a little better in a year and lets me pet him when I feed him and has recently taken to sneaking in bed during the early morning hours to lay next to me in the dark and let me pet him all over. I get to rub his belly. During the day there is no way he would let me near him. I guess because he thinks I can't see him it's okay. lol. I even get a little squeak out of him once a night and that's it, otherwise he never opens his mouth to speak.

I'm waiting for the project manager to call me and I am dreading the conversation we will have.

Regular Contributor

Hi,  I just wanted to say that if your cat was a true feral you would not be able to pet her. True ferals do not interact with humans. Sounds like you have a scared stray and may be able to find a rescue in your area to take her in.

Respected Contributor

@ninjasmom wrote:

Hi,  I just wanted to say that if your cat was a true feral you would not be able to pet her. True ferals do not interact with humans. Sounds like you have a scared stray and may be able to find a rescue in your area to take her in.

Hi,

you would have to read the whole thread to understand that the three cats I have are truly feral. I caught them outside a year ago and one was a year old and his two babies were 10 weeks old. I have spent 24/7 with them to tame them into inside cats and my pictures and thread reflect that.

It truly is possible to tame some feral cats, I wish more people believed that.

It took me months to catch them and it was not easy.

Contributor

I've been managing a feral colony since 2008.  As some have mentioned, borrow a humane trap.  Go one day without feeding the kitty--believe me, I know it's hard!  But you want him/her good and hungry.  You put mackeral, salmon, or tuna in the back of it and wait.  Go right to the vet to get kitty fixed.  Ask the vet to clip the tip of the left ear, which tells your community this cat will never reproduce.  More kittens means more suffering.  I have found police and the community leave me alone when they realize I don't want any more kittens any more than they do!   The national program is called TNR trap, neuter return.  They must be released to the exact place.

Also,  google ANT-PROOF bowls because they REALLY work for food and water.  

Respected Contributor

Teddy and I saw our first opossum when I opened the back door last night. I hated to carry her out but she had to go. 

Little Titan ran over to my side yesterday and flopped over on his back to let me rub his belly during the day, he is getting better all the time. I am working on picking him up to put on my lap and half the blanket comes with him. I can do it for a minute then he goes crazy and runs. 9-5-15 007.JPG

I want to cuddle with him so badly.

9-5-15 005.JPG

like these two do!

ceiling and water damage 8-31-15 005.JPG

ceiling and water damage 8-31-15 013.JPG

I want to hold your hand please

ceiling and water damage 8-31-15 027.JPG

ceiling and water damage 8-31-15 017.JPG

all my babies still together