Respected Contributor

Re: Share Some of Your Doggie's Tricks!

Not just one dog out of my family of Scotties, but several of them have all used the trick of sliding or rolling a chair into position to jump from floor to chair seat to table to kitchen counter in order to counter-surf, often to their veterinary detriment!  The first and cutest, though, was my Gussie, who moved a dining room chair into position to steal the last taco pizza slice from the dining room table, left there as we were bidding some guests goodbye.  It was a rather spicy pizza, and the look on Gussie's face as we came back in the house and saw her, causing her to gulp down the last few bites quickly, only to "feel the burn", was just priceless.  That was HER first and last episode of table-thievery, but her half-sister Birdy demolished more than one box or bag of dog cookies before we discovered how she was getting to them.  We thought at first she was convincing one of the cats to knock the boxes off the kitchen counter for her and her children to consume, but we finally figured it out the first time she forgot to push the chair back under the table when she finished one of her forays!  She was incredibly clever, that girl, I miss her dreadfully to this day, thirteen years after she crossed the Bridge.

Respected Contributor

Do cat or husband tricks count?  (I still don't know who initiated this game.)

We have a half wall near the front door that our Millie used to jump on.  Husband would leave his "bucket" hat on the wall when going out to get the mail and Millie would step into the hat.

(Here is where you have to be a Harry Potter "sorting hat" fan).

Husband would say "Gryffindor!" and Millie would step into the hat. Every time. This would earn her a kiss on the head (which she really only tolerated).  This is Millie waiting to go for a walk...another that went to the Bridge too soon and we miss her every day.

CIMG0269.JPG

Denise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

focus.jpg

Jasper watches his daddy while he is on the phone.  He knows when he  is gready to end the call by what he says.  When he is winding up the call, Jasper jumps down and gets excited! 

Respected Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Do cat or husband tricks count?  (I still don't know who initiated this game.)

We have a half wall near the front door that our Millie used to jump on.  Husband would leave his "bucket" hat on the wall when going out to get the mail and Millie would step into the hat.

(Here is where you have to be a Harry Potter "sorting hat" fan).

Husband would say "Gryffindor!" and Millie would step into the hat. Every time. This would earn her a kiss on the head (which she really only tolerated).  This is Millie waiting to go for a walk...another that went to the Bridge too soon and we miss her every day.

CIMG0269.JPG

Beautiful cat!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

brewhaha wrote:

He can tell time. he knows when it's 5 p.m. every day.

Oh my goodness!  Ru is the same way.  I swear, the second the clock below the tv in the living room hits 6:30 he perks right up and starts asking for his dinner.   He calls it his 'tummy clock'.  Smiley Happy

The bird also has a tummy clock but his is usually about a half hour fast.

Respected Contributor

@nagrom wrote:

Years back when I was teaching dog classes one of my favorite dogs was a pit bull that the owner taught to sit on command.  Then he would point his finger at the dog and say bang.  The dog would fall over and play dead.   Okay was the release word and he came alive...

This was done amid a class full of dogs.  For him to stay on task in a group settings remarkable.  These were young dogs under six months old.

That's such an adorable trick!!  You must have had a wonderful experience teaching dog classes!!!

Respected Contributor

Let's see more pet pics!!  Here is one of my granddog, Jasper, who likes to sleep under the comforter!!

undercover cutie.jpg