Respected Contributor

Share Some of Your Doggie's Tricks!

I know your doggie is smarter than all the other dogs!  Share some of his really cute tricks!!!  I'll start.  My granddog will bring back a toy he has fetched.  If it's too far for me to reach, I say "closer," and he moves it closer to me!

Super Contributor

Re: Share Some of Your Doggie's Tricks!

My boy will carry plastic bottles and cardboard to the recycling bin.   He alerts when ever he sees a bottle or cardboard.    Another is when we get McDonald's and bring a meta patty in a box for him. He takes the box, opens it and eats the meat patty and brings it to the garbage and puts it in.  This boy loves to carry and work.   

Esteemed Contributor

Cute thread idea. I will call Chloe to me to share a Bannana or something else. I tell her to shake. She puts her paw on the arm chair. Then I sit the Bannana on her paw and tell her to wait. She stares at it until I say okay. So cute.
Honored Contributor

He's such a smart boy - seriously.  He will learn a word after hearing it only one or two times.

Anyway, one thing we do is the 'nostril flare'.   We look at each other and I flare my nostrils, then he does it, then I do it, then he does it - etc.  Makes my husband laugh.   Apparently he (the husband) cannot keep the rest of his face still and flare his nostrils.  Ru and I sure can, though!  Smiley Happy

He's also very funny.  He will listen intently as I talk to him and every time he hears a 'keyword' his ears kind of go up.  But he just listens to every word.  He's never been one to c0ck his head to the side, like a lot of dogs do.  He just looks straight at me.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

He's such a smart boy - seriously.  He will learn a word after hearing it only one or two times.

Anyway, one thing we do is the 'nostril flare'.   We look at each other and I flare my nostrils, then he does it, then I do it, then he does it - etc.  Makes my husband laugh.   Apparently he (the husband) cannot keep the rest of his face still and flare his nostrils.  Ru and I sure can, though!  Smiley Happy

He's also very funny.  He will listen intently as I talk to him and every time he hears a 'keyword' his ears kind of go up.  But he just listens to every word.  He's never been one to c0ck his head to the side, like a lot of dogs do.  He just looks straight at me.

How cute!!  Have you started a list of the words he knows?  They say eye contact is the sign of intelligence in a dog!

Respected Contributor

@nagrom wrote:

My boy will carry plastic bottles and cardboard to the recycling bin.   He alerts when ever he sees a bottle or cardboard.    Another is when we get McDonald's and bring a meta patty in a box for him. He takes the box, opens it and eats the meat patty and brings it to the garbage and puts it in.  This boy loves to carry and work.   

Wow!  I shared this with my Son and he really was impressed!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
Cute thread idea. I will call Chloe to me to share a Bannana or something else. I tell her to shake. She puts her paw on the arm chair. Then I sit the Bannana on her paw and tell her to wait. She stares at it until I say okay. So cute.

Chloe really has a lot of patience!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years back when I was teaching dog classes one of my favorite dogs was a pit bull that the owner taught to sit on command.  Then he would point his finger at the dog and say bang.  The dog would fall over and play dead.   Okay was the release word and he came alive...

This was done amid a class full of dogs.  For him to stay on task in a group settings remarkable.  These were young dogs under six months old.

Honored Contributor

He can tell time. he knows when it's 5 p.m. every day.

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

Chloe really has a lot of patience!!

Since she has been very little we have worked on impulse control. Her food doesn't get put down until she sits. No treats unless she is sitting. At nine months you can put anything in front of her and she won't eat it until you release her.

Cute stories in this thread.