Esteemed Contributor

Re: Service Dog Bella in Wedding Picture

[ Edited ]

For those of you who loved this picture as much as I, here is a link to the article published in the Daily Mail (!!!). It is worth it just to see Bella running to the couple in the church. And it explains Valerie's disability. I feel so blessed to share the love that is the basis of this story.

Story Here

@beastielove

@ECBG

@AnikaBrodie

@redwrite

@jaxs mom

@INDIANA BONES

@NYY

@feline groovy

@SilverLining

@arrabella

@spent2much

@Yahooey

@colliegirls

@HappyDaze

@RetRN

@Karlakaye

@NycVixen

@KatieB

@happygal

@luvzchiz

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

This picture and story were in my local newspaper this morning, from a wedding here on Jan 9th. The photo was taken by a part-time photographer at her friend's wedding, and has been widely shared on the internet now. This pic melted my heart! Both bride and her companion dog are so beautiful!

image.jpg

@MaggieMack

Beautiful bride, beautiful dog and I certain it was a beautiful wedding.   Such a touching story but I am so happy that the Bride's best friend (her service dog) was able to be in the most important event of her life.  The dog is not just an animal but  a part of her family as we all know.   Wishes for this family to have a long,  happy, healthy life together. 

Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack

Thank you very much for sharing.  I was expecting the bride to be blind or have some other issue than the ones listed.   Not saying she should not have a service dog but I obviously know people that I need to share this with that should look into getting a service dog for the same issues and more.   Love this story.   Beautiful. 

Contributor

Sweet! Love your phrase,  "I am owned by..." So true!

Oh my goodness,  I would love to have a cat reign in our home again! However,  I developed allergies to cats/dogs, pet hair, etc. several years ago, so am not able to have indoor pets. Smiley Sad