Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yesterday i went to grocery store,decided to turn on a road i rarely go, there is a old restaurant that has been empty for years, there was a man there he had put up a round fence ,to keep puppies in ,he was selling them little Australian shepherds, one couple was looking at them i got so upset,called the police.

@goldensrbest  If they are his puppies....there is no law saying you can not sell your puppies. I think you should not have called police. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the name calling.

Honored Contributor

I admit i am in dis believe in what some have said, how could a person see what i saw,and not inform police, he was not on his property,he was on a vacant property, on the side  of a road, to just ignore  i could not ,those sweet little pups,who else to call ,the police are the only ones i know.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Selling puppies

[ Edited ]

The man was rehoming them. That's what you can do on Craigslist. You can't sell them.

Craiglist is ridiculous. They want to charge hundreds of dollars for dogs who have no shots. not fixed etc. They think their designer "pom/poodle"  etc. dogs can bring in the money.

You need to charge a small fee, so someone doesn't do something nefarious.

The man was trying to avoid the pound or just dumping them off. He was probably charging a minimal fee or free.

I have got all my dogs/puppies this way. I know they need homes.

I would never of thought to call the police for this. They have better things to do. He had the puppies contained, they were not in a hot car, or being abused. He was trying to let these puppies have a chance. He does need to get his dogs fixed. No more litters. Depending on  what the officer said he may just dump them off at the pound.

Honored Contributor

Re: Selling puppies

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I admit i am in dis believe in what some have said, how could a person see what i saw,and not inform police, he was not on his property,he was on a vacant property, on the side  of a road, to just ignore  i could not ,those sweet little pups,who else to call ,the police are the only ones i know.

I think you did the right thing even though I doubt the police will do much but ask if he has permission or a permit to sell on what is either private or public property and not his own. If we don't speak up for innocent animals, who will? It certainly doesn't hurt for them to check it out. 

I also hope people call the cops if they see an animal in a car during hotter weather, even if the windows are rolled down. Many states have laws about this now. Even in 70 degree weather a car can reach temps of over 100 degrees even when windows are rolled down. I hope people are "busybodies" and tattle on these people. 

ETA: don't ever let anyone intimidate you into not doing something you think is the right thing for the protetction of innocent animals or children. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

The man was rehoming them. That's what you can do on Craigslist. You can't sell them.

Craiglist is ridiculous. They want to charge hundreds of dollars for dogs who have no shots. not fixed etc. They think their designer "pom/poodle"  etc. dogs can bring in the money.

You need to charge a small fee, so someone doesn't do something nefarious.

The man was trying to avoid the pound or just dumping them off. He was probably charging a minimal fee or free.

I have got all my dogs/puppies this way. I know they need homes.

I would never of thought to call the poice for this. They have better things to do. He had the puppies contained, they were not in a hot car, or being abused. He was trying to let these puppies have a chance. He does need to get his dogs fixed. No more litters. Depending on  what the officer said he may just dump them off at the pound.

Police probably told the man to move on.  Now those puppies were dumped on some country road, in a box at a country pound or in some parts of the country in the river.  Just can't say these puppies are better off.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.