Honored Contributor

Seeking Recommendations for a Pet Fountain

Specifically designed for a cat.  He needs to up his water game, lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Seeking Recommendations for a Pet Fountain

Personally, my boy cat Bill wants nothing to do with fountains.

But I’m sure some do.

Is your boy on prescription cat food?  I’m just curious.

Bill almost died because he wouldn’t drink water.  The vet put him on prescription food and he’s doing great.  That was a few years ago.

Lately I’ve seen him drinking water here and there.  It’s hard not to jump up and down when I see it, but I look toward Heaven and say, “Thanks”.

It’s scary when Bill won’t drink water.  The prescription cat food is very soft nd the vet is worried about Bill’s teeth, so now every now and then I give him prescription tiny hard food (we call it “treats”).

My advice is keep a close eye on your fur baby.

As far as fountains, I’ll be interested too because I haven’t had good luck on that department.😜

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains links to another retail site.

Trusted Contributor

M115623 (but price it elsewhere first) 

My cats love this fountain. My Kipp is especially attached to it. I dread power outages just for this fountain! The power went out earlier this year and Kipp sat by his fountain and cried, looking up at me as if I could magically make his fountain work again😊😸

Esteemed Contributor

No cat I ever had would drink at demand.  I did put down bowls in all the bathrooms and by the eating area in the laundry room.  As usual, rarely caught them in the act.

Honored Contributor

Annabellthecat, my cat is not on prescription food, in fact during his last exam the vet recommended wet food to increase his hydration and to only allow access to dry in the advent of a short absence.  She said anything but store brand would be sufficient but I'd like to see him drink water more since he's approaching 12 years of age this coming April.

Esteemed Contributor

My cats like this.

fountain.jpg

I found it on Amazon.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

My cats like this.

fountain.jpg

I found it on Amazon.

luvitorleaveit wrote:

I still have the Drinkwell for my girl Fire but also brought this one on Amazon easier and less bulky to clean and she loves it.

PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier Dog and Cat Water Fountain, Automatic Drinking Fountain for Pets, 100 oz. Water Capacity

Super Contributor

I have a large Drinkwell ceramic fountain.  It shoots up a small bubble of water which my cat loves and the bowl below is where my dog drinks.  I prefer ceramic which I can put in the dishwasher (by itself) to sanitize.  I was also told by my vet not to use plastic fountains because they can cause a reaction on cat's chins which look like acne.  This happened to my cat but cleared up once I switched to ceramic.