Trusted Contributor

Schatzi will cross over the Rainbow Bridge on Friday

I just made the appointment.  I don't know what I'm going to do when she isn't here.  She was always on my bed I woke up in the morning, took her naps on the bed in the afternoon and I always looked in on her, and when I went down to the basement, she always waited for me on the top step of the stairs.  And, of course, she was always willing to listen when I talked with her.  And a million other reminders of her.  When she came to us out of the bean field, she could fit in the palm of my hand.  That was almost 16 years ago.  I can feel my heart breaking.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Schatzi will cross over the Rainbow Bridge on Friday

I am  so sorry. Hug her, pet her and hold her tight. My heart is breaking for you. It's never easy to give that final gift of love. We're here for you.😿

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Sending gentle hugs.  You are doing the most loving thing for her you can.  We know that pain and will be thinking of you both that day. 

Trusted Contributor

My heart breaks for you.  Please know that the prayers of so many are with you.

Trusted Contributor

You gave her a wonderful life and she'll appreciate that you're making her transition a peaceful one. In the meantime, just hold her all you can and let her know how much you love her.  Many of us understand completely.  Hugs to you. 

Trusted Contributor

Stay strong. It is the final way you can care for her to give her a pain-free, dignified release. Yes, you will cry, but you can know she is over the Bridge where so many of our furry firends will welcome her and let her run and play.

Sending a hug and condolences. You'll be sad for a while, sure, but every day will get a little bit better.

I know that feeling of not knowing how to go on without your sweet Schatzi. If you think you can handle it, there are loads of little dogs needing loving homes. Someday you might want to have companionship and be able to take on the responsibility agian. Not immediately, but don't let the heartache of this loss preclude the chance for joy and goodness with another sweet dog. You both deserve it!

Take the love you have now and, if you still feel it with longing as time passes, share it with a friend who will lick your face and love you back.

I will think of you and Schatzi on Friday to help you through it.  Bring kleenex. Don't drive home until you are composed.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry. These gentle creatures come into our lives and just fill our hearts with such joy. It is always difficult to let go but that's our part as the human to fulfill. I believe they are always with us in spirit and at that point they are healthy again running and playing and doing all the things that brought them joy. Remember all the years you had together. Keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers. 

Valued Contributor

@wismiss So sorry... A lot of people on this board, included myself know the pain. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Take these last few days to love, smooch, hug, and enjoy your Schatzi.  Save your grief for later.  These last moments can be very precious if you let them be. 

We are here for you~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I'm so very sorry for what you have to go thru. It's never an easy decision to make, but you can't let your fur baby suffer. You gave her the best life she could ever have wanted and returned your kindness with love and devotion.I'm crying with you as I've been thru this along with everyone else here. Know you are doing what's best for her. Until you meet again.