Respected Contributor

Re: Schatzi will cross over the Rainbow Bridge on Friday

Sending love and care during this difficult time... 💕🙏

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so very sorry for you.  We all cry with you. 💔

This is what my sons and I always imagined.

Animal angel.jpg

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your posts.  I have read, reread, and reread them when it gets really difficult to think of life without her.  The selfish part of me wants to keep her, but I know her quality. of life is diminishing.  The vet isn't in tomorrow or it would have been tomorrow when she walked over the Rainbow Bridge.  I keep reading this to myself and know it is so true.

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you; but instead I am deeply honored knowing you spent the rest of your life with me.  Camille Marcote

I waver between being sad and being angry.  Sometimes I just don't understand life.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry.   The pain of losing all of my pets over the years somehow remains fresh.

I was watching the movie Bring Him Back last week and the wife had to put her horse down.  Before it was done, she spent time talking to him and reminding him of all the good times they had shared over the years.  She did this in order to send him on his way with good memories.

Maybe you can do rhe same for your sweet Schatzi.   I'll be thinking of you and your girl on Friday.  Godspeed to Schatzi.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss my heart breaks for you ,  been there myself and even though for us it's devasting and breaks our hearts it's the most loving thing we are able to do for our fur babies.   I'm so sorry you will be going through this on Friday .  Hold your sweet girl ,  give her many, many hugs ,  tell her how much you love her and that you will reunite one day as we all will with our sweet fur babies.  Blessings 🙏🏻 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so very sorry for you.  Like many others I know the pain you are feeling and are praying for God's peace for you.  Deepest Sympathies and Prayers.

Have You a Pet In Heaven Lord.jpg

Respected Contributor

@wismiss  What gets me thru this is knowing that part of loving a pet is knowing when to let them go.  They are at peace, when you hurt afterward.  I am sorry for you and your family, but the wonderful life Schatzi had with you should bring you some peace and comfort one day.  ((Hugs))

Regular Contributor

I totally feel your pain, it's the same as loosing a close human.  They are part of your life for so long and the decision you have made is a brave selfless one because of your love.  My advice would be just give yourself time to be sad, cry and think of all the years you had together.  I promise it will get easier so know we are all here with you and know exactly what you are going through.  Love to Schatzi, you can still talk to her knowing she's in her happy new place.

Valued Contributor

Thinking of you today.  I'm so very sorry.

Honored Contributor

It takes a lot of love and courage to do what is best for your pet, not what is best for you!  I hope you will be filled with wonderful memories and the joy she was in the coming days!

I am so sorry you have to go through this.