Respected Contributor

Re: Schatzi will cross over the Rainbow Bridge on Friday

@wismiss  I so empathize with your anguish.  As I type this, I am looking at our German Shepherd's ball that he brought to me to throw for him on that last day, four years ago.  It has been on my desk ever since. 

@Anonymous032819 called it correctly as, "...that final gift of love."  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@wismiss I am so sorry that you are having to make the final decisions for your bestie.  I lost my westie, Toby Snow on the fourth of July at my feet at home..  He collapsed and thrashed around before blood gushed from the rectum.  I  am just glad that you will be there in the end and they will leave in a dignified manner. and not suffer a horrible death.  You are a brave loving momma to Schatzi and have provided a loving home for years!  Schatzi will be waiting for you across the bridge.

Super Contributor

@wismis I'm so sorry you are going to have to say good-bye to your

fur baby.  Make the most of the next few days with her.

Shower her with pats, hugs and kisses and all your love.

Be thankful for all the happiness she brought into your life.

You're doing what's best for her even though it's sooooo difficult.

You both will be in my thoughts.

Respected Contributor

my heart is breaking for you @wismiss .  your schatzi is lucky to have such a strong and responsible owner who is willing to do the right (and hardest) thing for her.  you will be in my thoughts and prayers, because i know what this will take out of you.  i wish you the best. 

Valued Contributor

So sorry for what you are going thru.  The reminders will be everywhere.  Take care

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

This is always SO heartbreaking, but a true act of love on your part.   Heart

Later, when you grieve, keep in mind that she'll be waiting for you when it's your time to pass, wagging her tail, so happy to see you again.  Hugs to you and your little angel.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss  I am so sorry.  This is never easy, but spend the next few days doing everthing that Schatzi likes.  Lots of hugs, rides in the car, and pictures.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@wismiss ~ Sending gentle hugs to both of you.

(((❤️)))

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss wrote:

I just made the appointment.  I don't know what I'm going to do when she isn't here.  She was always on my bed I woke up in the morning, took her naps on the bed in the afternoon and I always looked in on her, and when I went down to the basement, she always waited for me on the top step of the stairs.  And, of course, she was always willing to listen when I talked with her.  And a million other reminders of her.  When she came to us out of the bean field, she could fit in the palm of my hand.  That was almost 16 years ago.  I can feel my heart breaking.

@wismiss   It's so sad to lose a pet and the anticipation is worse. I'm sure she'll be happy on Rainbow Bridge and waiting to see you again. Hugs and prayers coming your way....Heart

Trusted Contributor

@wismiss  You have my heart during this difficult time. We went through it last week and I seriously have never felt the grief that I felt when we lost our Lilly. I sobbed like a baby for days. Yes my daughter said their house is empty with Lilly. I am praying for strength and comfort for you in this time of sorrow.  Heart