Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saying goodbye is so Hard

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dara.  Take the time to grieve.  Most of us have been where you are today.  Yes, saying goodbye is so hard.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Dara. The bonds that we form and the love that we share with our furbabies are forever. You gave her a wonderful, safe and caring life. Sending you big supportive ((((HUGS)))))

Honored Contributor

@tarytoo 

I'm sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty.  We never have enough time with them.Heart

The day your heart stopped...was the day mine broke...♥

Trusted Contributor

My deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your dear darling Dara. Any of us who lost a pet understands your raw grief and the rend in your heart. 

I lost my old sweet cat, Arrow, two years ago on May 3. I cry from time to time as the date draws near or if I think of him out of the blue. Try to take comfort that so many of us are offering solace and consolation. Think of Dara in a good place over the Rainbow Bridge.

Love her surviving sister fiercely and give yourself some time to feel better. It does get better. 

Respected Contributor

Having been there, too, i know how the emotional pain is unbearable. It takes time to heal from such a loss. She was, after all, family.

Give yourself that time. Eventually, smiles will replace the sadness and tears, whenever you reminisce about the joyous years you shared with Dara.  {{{hugs}}} 

Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm tearing up just reading how much she was loved. I, too, have two aging cats. One is 13 and one 20! I know how much joy they've brought to our lives. We are fortunate to share their love.

As you grieve, Remember that they know how much we loved them. Be well. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know what to say except I'm so very sorry for your loss. 

She is a very pretty kitty. 

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your sorrow.  I am sure she knew she was loved.  Perhaps she is loving the sun over the bridge now.

Respected Contributor

@tarytoo 

Sweet Dara was a beautiful girl.  

I'm so sorry she passed away.  Our poor pets that are in poor health just can't explain to us or understand what is happening to them.  As pet parents we need to love & care for them as best we can.

You've done that.  Hold those precious memories close to your heart.  It's nice that you still have Dara's sister to focus your energy & love on.  Take care.

Regular Contributor

@tarytoo wrote:

Our beloved Dara passed away at 1am this morning. i have never cried so much in my life. her passing has left a great big hole in my heart.  She was 17 years old. She was our steadfast companion and friend. She loved playing laser tag and with her catnip mouse. recently she became blind and never adjusted to her new normal. her health deteriorated. i loved her so much. we will go to the funeral home today to pick out an urn. she will be cremated. she leaves behind a sister and two grieving human parents. I'm lost, right now. the loss leaves such a void. my emotions are raw.  

dara1.jpg

She is so beautiful! So sorry!