Honored Contributor

To our sweet little girl,

You came into our lives and our hearts 13 years ago as an abused kitty. How anyone could do such horrible things baffles me, but you picked the right family to live with and trust. Your dad thought you were about 10 months old and you quickly bonded with him. Actually you wrapped him around your little paw. 

You wanted to be near us and on us, but you did not want to be held or carried, maybe because of your background. We knew a little, but not everything. 

You let the boys know right away who was in charge. You would sit by the doorway to a room, watch them come, and bat them on the head lightly. Just to keep them in line of course. You were our little diva. When it was time to eat they would all wait for you to finish.

But you were Mommy's girl. The minute she went into the kitchen you were right there. You helped cook. She always shared lunch with you when she was home and lately dinner, only approved foods of course. You never lost your slender figure, no matter how much you ate. And you loved to eat. You would take naps on the bed with Mommy and on the couch. You had to be the only cat on the bed at night. If one of the boys decided he wanted to sleep with us too, you would wake up, stare at him, bathe, and leave. You were the only cat we've ever had who slept through the night. Your people sister's friend made an elaborate soft bed for you last year for Christmas. You did like sleeping in that too, especially during the day. 

During quarantine you helped during filming, often deciding to make an appearance while Mommy was speaking. We might be able to see you online from last year some. I hope so. At night you would sit beside Mommy while she talked to her QVC friends.Of course your tail would brush against the computer screen and sometimes make it go crazy. I'm going to miss you being with me when I'm on the computer.

You would bathe constantly, and if anyone decided to pet you after,  you would spend another half hour getting the scent off. You had a tiny meow and a very faint purr. We could feel it but barely hear it. There were so many happy times and so many fun times. There are so many memories.

You didn't seem to feel well this weekend, and when I got home today I saw the look on your daddy's face. I wasn't worried because you were eating and drinking, but your breathing was labored. Tests confirmed that we had to let you go. 

So many times I've tried to console my friends. So I held you. I said over and over how much we loved you. My hand was holding your chin so you would recognize my scent. And then you were out of pain.

Goodbye my sweet little girl. I know where you are and I know I'll see you again. Until then you have jumped into my heart and will stay there forever.

Respected Contributor

Re: Saying Goodbye to Pebbles

I'm so sorry for your loss.  What you wrote was beautiful.  Sending hugs to you.  

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom ...I'm so sorry for your loss. Pebbles had a great life with you and I enjoyed her story very much. Hugs to you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom , so very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful life she lived with you for so many years. It's always such a hardship to make the right decision that you needed to make, but the kindest one. Take time to heal and grieve. Such a beautiful tribute.

Respected Contributor

Sorry for your lose.  I'm happy you had each other.  It always hurts to lose a loved one.

Honored Contributor

Goodbye Sweet Morgan ~ Over the Rainbow Bridge of my pride gone this month, cherished memories) ღ ღ Crazy Cat Lady, Crazy Cats, Tatoo 3d, Cat Poems, Grand Chat, Pet Loss Grief, Pet Sympathy Cards, Pet Remembrance, Image Chat

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom,

Your description of your sweet Pebbles said so well, was just so like our sweet girl too. So much love they gave in their own special way. I know you will miss her and yes, I know we will see them again. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Pebbles.💔🐾🙏

F5BC3F12-000C-46EF-9418-4C59C328CB06.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom - That's such a beautiful tribute to your sweet Pebbles.

She was lucky to have found you and you were lucky to have had her love and trust for 13 years.  May the wonderful memories you have comfort you in the days to come without her.  You did the most loving thing you could for her.  Heart 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Pebbles.  You gave her a wonderful loving home and the very best of care.  She knew she was so loved.  Your thoughts are so touching, and anyone who has lost a companion pet can relate.  Someday you will be together again.