Super Contributor

Saturday Bears went Apple pickin'

apples.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saturday Bears went Apple pickin'

They are soooo cute!  and appear to really b enjoying themselves!

I know horses can get drunk from eating too many apples.  Wonder if bears can too!

Thanx for posting all the beautiful bear pictures.

Respected Contributor

@darkhomespun So adorable. I hope they don't get tummy aches from eating too many. 

They remind me of Winny the Poo and honey pots.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

They look so happy and content!

I just want to jump in and hug them!

🥰

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Just looked up stuff about bears and saw a video-"baby bears-this little girl just wants to cuddle" and this tiny black bear being held by a young woman and the little one is purring away! Sounds like a big motor on a cat. So adorable! I never knew.

The things we learn here everyday!

BTW-this bear picture was taken back in Sept 2020 at the rescue bear site in New Hampshire. They do wonderful things.

Thanku @darkhomespun, for these

oh so sweet pictures which also made me see and watch other wonderful things about bears.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@darkhomespun      Since the apples are at the foot of what is obviously not an apple tree, I'd say this was a bait pile.  Hunters use them to lure mostly deer to an area where they can pick them off like fish in a barrel.  The practice is illegal in most states.  Coincidently, bears found this one

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@darkhomespun      Since the apples are at the foot of what is obviously not an apple tree, I'd say this was a bait pile.  Hunters use them to lure mostly deer to an area where they can pick them off like fish in a barrel.  The practice is illegal in most states.  Coincidently, bears found this one

@Kachina624    That is terrible.  I did notice that the tree wasn't an apple tree.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

That would be awful but this picture and others are from the Kilham Bear Center, a rescue center in New Hampshire. They even have a video of the bears crunching away and so happy. They rescue black bears and you can see their website on kilhambearcenter.org-

You can see that same oak tree or whatever it is (agree not an apple).

It is a family that started and still retains the center which is not open to the public because they rehabilitate and release back into the wild so do not want them to get used to human contact though the cubs are definitely snuggled by their main caretaker the nephew now.

Make sure you get to listen to the  adorable satisfied crunching!

Super Contributor

Hi thanks for caring about bears. They are in a sanctuary in New Hampshire

https://people.com/pets/bears-make-happy-noises-over-apples-video/

Super Contributor