Honored Contributor

@chlema,  If the clouds look like Chole, I think that is precious.  Our pets become our children in a way.  We love them so strongly.  I had my Siamese cat for 19-1/2 years her name was Simone.  I loved her dearly but she was hardly eating so I took her to the vet and it was time to let her sleep forever.  I did not get a new pet for 3 months or so.  Now I have Ava Ming who is a Tonkinese which is Siamese and Burmese.  She has the sweetest disposition that I think she was sent from heaven.  Not really, but that is how sweet she is and very smart.  Retrieves when I toss her toys and brings them back to me.  She is very playful and I love to play with her.  Sorry I got on my pets.  Believe me, I know how you feel and you will find another pet to love when you are ready.  Take care.  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@chlema

My heart aches for your loss, I'm so very sorry 😢😢😢🌹

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.

I don't think it's nuts to believe you've seen them.  I have felt I have seen 2 of my cats since they passed.  They were not even bonded to me even.  One was attatched to my daughter, the other to my husband.  One I felt I saw on the stairs and the other in my bedroom.  For that split second, it felt so real.  Why those two out of all my cats I will never know!

Makes me want to cry.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts.  It does help.  I still cry for Cody, my house seems so darn empty now without him.  I have had dogs all my life and letting them go is so difficult.  Cody and my previous dog Chloe were extra special because I know their former owners gave them up, Chloe at 5 and Cody at 7.I have been on the adoption rescue sites but so far none have called to me.  Do not want a puppy, too old for that.   Guess I'll look for another owner give up and take it from there.  If a "fit" appears well, here I am.  In the meantime I will keep remembering and missing my giant Cody Heart 

Respected Contributor

@chlema

Sometimes just looking at them on a website just doesn't work. You need to go down to the shelters and look. 

One of my favorite cats I went down and looked at. But it didn't really click. As I was leaving, I bent down and said goodbye. She meowed at me and that did it. I held her again and decided she knew I was the one. We had 10 good years together. I still miss her.

Trusted Contributor

No, you're not nuts.  They're both happy together now and saying hi to you!

Remember it's not goodbye, it's until we meet again.  

Love and hugs to you and your family. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sushismom I'm just not ready yet to visit a shelter, knowing I could only bring one home and I'd cry for the ones left behind.  Even looking on line at all the animals waiting for their forever home tears me apart.  Maybe it's just too soon for me.  Time will help - I'm hoping.  

Valued Contributor

My heard breaks for you.  I have had mini long-haired doxies for 45 years.  They come to me as babies and die with me as older babies.  One thing I have learned,  there is a special baby waiting for you to find them.  Doesn't matter where.  You gone baby would want you to not be alone and to have a companion.  Your lost baby can never be replaced; however, give the little one waiting for you a chance

Esteemed Contributor

Heart I'm sorry for the loss of Cody -- and, no, you're not crazy.  You'll see Cody in many places over time.  He is permanently a part of you, your heart and all you experience. 

Respected Contributor

@chlemaI'm so sorry for your loss of Cody.  If you feel that you have seen him and little Chloe than of course you have.   The sign wasn't ment for anyone but You. There will be tears and fond smiles in the time to come.  You will know when the time is right for another companion.  Look at it this way,  When somewhere, sometime, someone has to give up their pet you will be there for them to come home to.