Super Contributor

Said Goodbye Today To My Mickey

So very hard to do making the decision to let my little dog Mickey go. He would have been 17 on the 27th of this month.  Up until a few days ago, he had been wanting to eat all the time and still liked to take rides. This week he began a rapid decline, though. I didn't want him to suffer and after talking with the vet, he said things would only get worse. Tears are just running down my face as I type this. I know I was fortunate to have him as long as I did. He was a special little guy and I will miss him so much.IMG_2300.JPG 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

Re: Said Goodbye Today To My Mickey

@moon_gazer  I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear Mickey.  I've had to make that painful decision many times.  It's always hard to lose such a special pet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

deepest_sympathy_sorry_for_your_loss_reflecting_daisies.gif@

Esteemed Contributor

@moon_gazer  Sorry for your loss.   These times are never easy and it breaks our hearts in half.   I mentioned on a recent post  that I had to put my cat down 3 years ago and I will never quite get over it .........but I too was lucky to have such a wonderful, loving pet for 13 years and now I can smile when I think of him or see his picture.  

Best wishes to you and may each day get a little bit easier.

Valued Contributor

You made the ultimate sacrifice, putting his needs above yours.  I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Mickey.  Unfortunately they can't live as long as we do.  May you find comfort and peace in the days ahead.

Trusted Contributor

You gave him a long and happy life! I am sorry for your loss. Hang in there. Remember the good times. 

Regular Contributor

@moon_gazerbless you got being so loving..Sending you a hug ,I have been there as well.I pray in the days to come,you are held close,you did the very best,and put aside your pain to let Mickey go.May you see Mickey in the beauty of life,for that love has only changed form,not ceasing to exist. Mickey is a million perfect pieces of things,the sun ,stars,  Flowers...Thank you for loving the creators perfect beings.You are Very special..Sending you love and peaceful days,Hugs,MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

Dogs can become ill and decline very fast, which is always a shock.  It sounds as though Mickey had a happy life with you.  Remember your happy times and good memories  together.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing the picture of Mickey, he was beautiful. I know how heartbreaking it is. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

My heart aches with you because part of loving a pet is knowing when to say goodbye.  ((Hugs))