Honored Contributor

Re: Sad update on Cushing's dog

Oh, @SeaMaiden, you're not late at all.  She only passed away last night.

I was just telling someone else it is very odd to be rattling around my house all by myself, and I can't seem to sit still.  

We've all been there, whether once or many times.

I want to thank you for sending me your kind words and thoughts.  It really makes a difference.  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  Please accept my most sincere condolences.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Sad update on Cushing's dog

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @Bird mama.  I accept with all my heart.

Hugs to you for your caring and kindness.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach.... There are no words of comfort, I know.   It saddens me to read about the end of your journey with your beloved dog~~sending a hug to you and your family.

Honored Contributor

Sad update on Cushing's dog

[ Edited ]

Dear @seaBreeze

Thank you for sharing that lovely quote.  All in this forum know how true it is.

I really appreciate your note.  Heart

Super Contributor

Homegirl, I am so sorry for your loss.  It is so hard to lose a beloved furbaby.  May happy memories sustain you in the days ahead,

I have a furbaby who has Cushings and mutilple other diagnoses.  I am wondering if your baby had any underlying problems.  Know that I am so sorry for your pain.

Trusted Contributor

So, so sorry, Homegirl. Was very surprised and saddened to read your update. Such a hard time when we lose those furbabies we love so much. I'm glad you have the comfort that she had a good last day and you were there with her to the end.

Sending hugs through the tears.

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

So, so sorry, Homegirl. Was very surprised and saddened to read your update. Such a hard time when we lose those furbabies we love so much. I'm glad you have the comfort that she had a good last day and you were there with her to the end.

Sending hugs through the tears.

@Renata22

How kind of you to write.  I very much appreciate your caring words.  

I hated losing her.  I thought we'd have maybe six months, perhaps a year longer.  But if she had to leave, it was the best last day I could have wished for her.

Honored Contributor

@bichon mom wrote:

Homegirl, I am so sorry for your loss.  It is so hard to lose a beloved furbaby.  May happy memories sustain you in the days ahead,

I have a furbaby who has Cushings and mutilple other diagnoses.  I am wondering if your baby had any underlying problems.  Know that I am so sorry for your pain.

Dear @bichon mom

Thank you so much for writing and caring.  It means a lot when someone who also has dogs knows and understands.  Heart

I was hoping for more time with her but she at least had a very nice last day.  

Honored Contributor

A friend took this photo of my little one during her last weekend.  I wanted to share it because it's the only time she seems to smile.

Piper 3.jpg