Esteemed Contributor

Sad Story About A Dog

[ Edited ]

Today I heard on the radio about a family who had a dog. One member of the family had passed away and the dog was sad. This family did not want a dog that was sad so they took the dog to the animal shelter and left him. They came back a few hours later and when the dog saw them he began to wag his tail. The shelter thought they had changed their mind but no they wanted another dog that was happy. I am hoping the shelter did not give them another animal. I can't believe how cruel some people can be.

Respected Contributor

They shouldn't be allowed to get another dog.  I hope the dog they gave up find a loving home and gives he/she time to mourn.  I can't believe people do things like this!   Sure hope one of their kids doesn't become sad.  Oh, this makes me so mad.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

So many people treat animals terrible!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

People like that don't deserve to own an animal, just as some people don't deserve to be parents. 

Honored Contributor

elated wrote:

Today I heard on the radio about a family who had a dog. One member of the family had passed away and the dog was sad. This family did not want a dog that was sad so they took the dog to the animal shelter and left him. They came back a few hours later and when the dog saw them he began to wag his tail. The shelter thought they had changed their mind but no they wanted another dog that was happy. I am hoping the shelter did not give them another animal. I can't believe how cruel some people can be.

There is a special place in H**l for those lowlife s**m and some bad karma headed their way too!Cat Mad

Praying with all of my heart that some incredibly beautiful soul who also heard this horrific story on the radio went to the shelter and rescued that precious dog and gave it the loving forever home it deserves to have.

Also praying with all of my heart that the shelter wasn't stupid enough to let that vile,disgusting family adopt another dog!Cat Mad

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

@beastielove ~ My sentiments exactly!  I firmly believe people like that will pay for their actions someday.  Sad that some people think of a living thing as being disposable.  Perhaps while they are out shopping for a "happy" dog they can also pick up a conscious for themselves.  

Honored Contributor

Many people just do not take pet ownership seriously.  As in the pup I just adopted... he probably was the cutest LITTLE  puppy ever... then he grew to over 80 pounds of energy... three homes gave him up... one left him outside 24 hours a day( probably because he is so big and untrained and runs into everything.  

I have had him now 10 days.  He is turning out to be a wonderful sweet dog.  He only needs a firm hand and someone who will work with him.  He already has caught on  to what I expect of him inside. 

This reminds me of the other day on my dog walk.  I am going to rant about this!!  I was walking my other golden Lola and saw a man ahead of me with his dog.  I crossed the street  just to make our passing easier.  The man never looked up from his cell phone the entire time. His dog was a young pit bull looking dog.  It was going CRAZY on the leash barking and pulling wanting to get to Lola.  The man never corrected the dog.. He stayed on his phone and just pulled at the dog and told it to shut up.. Now, that dog is going to be a threat to all people and their dogs because the man is not teaching his dog how to react out in public properly.  And what will end up happening is that that pup will  attack some and their dog out on a walk. Then the dog will end up in a shelter or put down. THAT IS CALLED ANIMAL NEGLECT. If you take on the responsibility of dog ownership, it is you job to work with that dog so it is not dangerous  or so out of control it ends up is a shelter.  Dogs do not remain puppies.... they grow up and are a life time commitment.

Esteemed Contributor

I volunteer at an animal shelter. We had one dog that was returned twice. The dog had separation anxiety. The dog was kept one week and then the second time he was kept two months. He has now been adopted for the third time. I am hoping they keep him. How sad that people don't want to work with a dog and just think of them as disposable. He was the sweetest dog and just needed time and attention.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@beastielove ~ My sentiments exactly!  I firmly believe people like that will pay for their actions someday.  Sad that some people think of a living thing as being disposable.  Perhaps while they are out shopping for a "happy" dog they can also pick up a conscious for themselves.  

Unfortunately the chances of that ever happening are slim and none.Cat Mad

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Hello, elated. Smiley Happy

This.....................can't be real. So, the dog had the nerve to show emotions and the family gave him up because of that? Smiley Indifferent

Credit goes to a site called Meme Generator.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder