Respected Contributor

@NickNack So sorry to read about Frankie.  It is a terrible thing to go through, but you did the right thing.  Unfortunately, the tears and sadness will last for a while, but just remember that she is no longer suffering.   Best wishes to you and your family!

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack, I'm crying now. I know how overwhelming the grief is when we have to let our babies pass away with our help. I had to take both of my dogs on their final visit to the vet within six months of each other. I was on my usual walk a few days ago and someone a few blocks from my house passed by me and asked me where are my dogs. I explained and walked away with tears running down my face but everyone understands. It is the cost we must pay for the joy and unconditional love our pets give us. 

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast   Thank you for the very kind and heartfelt note.  I appreciate it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

There are no words...  Smiley Sad

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about your little dog.  I just saw his picture.  What a beautiful little guy.  I know this hurts a lot. I said a prayer for you and I truely believe all dogs go to be with our Good Shepherd.  Who better to care for him now. I'd like to think he's already acquired many doggie friends. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack   I am so sorry that you lost your beautiful girl.  She had a wonderful, loving life with you, and you were lucky to have each other.  I know how much you are hurting and missing her.  She will never leave your heart and mind.  My thoughts are with you.  ((((HUGS))))

Honored Contributor

Re: Sad News About Frankie

[ Edited ]

My deepest sympathies to you, @NickNack

I'm thankful, though, that sweet precious Frankie got to share her life with you and then also with a furry sibling.  And that you have Henry to aid in your healing.

Please take extra good care of yourself and please give Henry a nuzzle from me. 

Heart

Respected Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss 😔

Contributor

Nick Nack-- I am soo very sorry to hear of the sad news about your loss of dear Frankie. I totally understand. I had to put my beloved Maltese to sleep exactly one month ago due to lung cancer. After the vet put her down I took her home for about 2 hours to be with her (my friend was with me) and say good bye. Then the most heart breaking part was returning her to the vet for good and then having her cremated. They returned her to me in a lovely cedar box that had a brass plate on it that says: "My Beloved Meggie" on it and then they made a ceramic casting of her paw print--still has some of her fur on it. Those are things that i will cherish. It is so hard to make that final decision, but you did it for her welfare because you did not want her to suffer and you were there with her providing the security that she always could count on in her life. She knew that you were there with her I am convinced as you had always been with her during her life. I really thought i was going to fall apart afer Meggie died but the Lord has given me so much peace and comfort even though I have tears running down my cheeks as I write this. These fur babies just crawl into our hearts and are such a gift to us. You were her whole life and provided the very best care for her when ever she needed it. I will say a prayer for your comfort.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, @NickNack , this makes me so, so sad.  I am so sorry to hear about this  I know that you did all that you could for Frankie.  You are such a good mom.

I had a dog with a brain tumor at 6 years old.  My vet told us that the kindest thing we could do was let him go.  It was also one of the hardest things we ever did.  

Loving pets is a tough job at the end.  You did the right thing.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!