Frequent Contributor

I'm so sorry for you.  I know we can't put our heart out enough for you .  It takes a long time to heal.  No one can tell you how.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@NickNack - I am so sorry. You knew it was time to let Frankie go, and although we want to try everything we can to keep them with us, sometimes it's just not possible.

How great that the weather where you are was OK so the veterinarian could come outside. I know some places have really strict rules right now that are hard to live with. Your veterinarian was compassionate and caring, and Frankie knew you were there with her, loving her until she closed her eyes. 

I have a strong belief we will see our four-legged loved ones again. As I quote Billy Graham to many people, if God wants us to be happy in Heaven, of course he would have them there with us! (((HUGS)))

@beach-mom   I truly believe that quote from Billy Graham.  It has always comforted me to know that I'll be with my pets again some day.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack Your words brought me to tears. I know how devoted you and Frankie were. I'm glad Frankie's leaving was peaceful and she took your love with her to heaven.

She will always be in your heart. I'm so so sorry but thank you for all the years of love you gave sweet Frankie.

Respected Contributor

Oh no!  I'm fighting back tears, right now. I had so hoped Frankie had a chance. She was a precious little fur angel. 

You tried everything to help her, to no avail. I know how helpless such a situation makes one feel, having been there, myself. 

You did the right thing, as hard as it was.  She's free now. RIP little Frankie. And, doggy mommy, take care of yourself.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sad News About Frankie

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

That is a beautiful poem @Sammycat1 .  I saved it and will put it with Frankie's things.  I hope I didn't make it sound like I wasn't with her at the end.  I need to revise my OP.   The Vet brought Frankie outside to a quiet place.  My sister and I sat on a bench with Frankie between us while the Vet euthanized her.  It was very peaceful.  I preferred it to being inside.

@NickNack 

You described it fine--it was clear that the vet brought her outside to you. I think you're right, too, much more peaceful in a natural setting. The important thing was: you were with her, touching her as she began her next journey.

I'm glad the poem brings some comfort.  I also paid tribute toy our Frankie with photo on my thread where I talk about my Frankie in the pet lovers forum, "That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter 2.0."

Valued Contributor

I am crying for you @NickNack, and for dear Frankie.  She just captured my heart from the first time you posted her photo.  I loved seeing her photos.  I am so very sad that she was so sick.  I am glad that the veterinary school was kind and thoughtful so you were able to see her one more time and be with her as she passed.  Hugs to you and Henry.  We will all miss sweet Frankie very much.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  So sorry😢. You were the best  pet parent to Frankie EVER. Know She will always be with you in your heart....it is never easy, but she is now out of pain and thankful you took such good care of her. ❤️❤️❤️

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

My heart is broken for you. Please take comfort that you did everything you could for your precious girl, Frankie. You could feel your love in every word you wrote about her and Henry, even before her illness. She was so lucky to share her life with you and she was well loved. May God comfort you as you grieve. 
You are in my prayers. Love, New

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry @NickNack  about Frankie,

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

((( @NickNack + Frankie ❤️❤️❤️)))