Honored Contributor

5C6EEF89-517A-4B32-8EFA-0FCD68D3E6FD.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SWEET SADIE’S ORNAMENT

@Shanus, What a beautiful tribute to your sweet Sadie.  In June this year we lost our darling Lily, a beautiful Maine Coon kitty.  She was the light of our lives.  Her illness was brief and profound.  I remember coming home one day, exhausted by rounds of medical tests.  I flopped down on the couch, and before I knew it, Lily was lying on my stomach, licking my face.  That was our darling, and she managed to make us two seniors laugh every day.  I do believe there will come a day when we are together again.  My sympathy goes out to you, as I know exactly what you are going through.  All my best, Pam

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Shanus, What a beautiful tribute to your sweet Sadie.  In June this year we lost our darling Lily, a beautiful Maine Coon kitty.  She was the light of our lives.  Her illness was brief and profound.  I remember coming home one day, exhausted by rounds of medical tests.  I flopped down on the couch, and before I knew it, Lily was lying on my stomach, licking my face.  That was our darling, and she managed to make us two seniors laugh every day.  I do believe there will come a day when we are together again.  My sympathy goes out to you, as I know exactly what you are going through.  All my best, Pam

@PamfromCT   I'll be remembering Lily and pets mentioned in the thread. I'm with my dogs more than my kids who left for school early each morning and in their rooms w/ homework at night. Then we were empty nesters. DH out the door at 8AM. Since I've mostly worked from home, my dogs have been my buddies, my company and my confidants. 

Happy Holidays, Pam.

Shanus

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

@PamfromCT 

Well, of course, I'm sobbing now.

Over the course of 2 years, I lost 4 of my dear cats...one after surgery I had decided was OK.  

I was physically sick for months and decided I could simply not adopt any more cats.  I have one senior boy left.

I've poured my time, energy and money into local rescues.  

Just decided I cannot deal with the heartbreak anymore.  Even though it's mostly joyful, I'm just at the stage in my life I don't want any more losses.

God bless Lilly and Sadie and all beloved and forgotten pets in our world.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Shanus 

@PamfromCT 

Well, of course, I'm sobbing now.

Over the course of 2 years, I lost 4 of my dear cats...one after surgery I had decided was OK.  

I was physically sick for months and decided I could simply not adopt any more cats.  I have one senior boy left.

I've poured my time, energy and money into local rescues.  

Just decided I cannot deal with the heartbreak anymore.  Even though it's mostly joyful, I'm just at the stage in my life I don't want any more losses.

God bless Lilly and Sadie and all beloved and forgotten pets in our world.

@Witchy Woman  I've never been without a dog. I think when something happens to Molly (stupid thought since she's only 6), I'd have to have another beagle. I'd be too old and short of patience to have a puppy, but maybe an older dog that needs a "Mom".

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   Love your photo ornament,  and sincerely sorry you lost your pal.  I've lost 3 within 10 months...its a hard road to travel.   I read your post about the holidays without Sadie...may I send my sincere condolences.  Have a wonderful Holiday!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:

@Shanus   Love your photo ornament,  and sincerely sorry you lost your pal.  I've lost 3 within 10 months...its a hard road to travel.   I read your post about the holidays without Sadie...may I send my sincere condolences.  Have a wonderful Holiday!! 

@Dazlin   I'm so sorry for your losses...3 losses!! The alternative? Never to have them with us and the love and companionship they offer willingly asking nothing in return. I've chosen to endure the grief in order to accept whatever time I have with my dogs. 

Wishing you Happy Holidays as well. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:

@Dazlin   I'm so sorry for your losses...3 losses!! The alternative? Never to have them with us and the love and companionship they offer willingly asking nothing in return. I've chosen to endure the grief in order to accept whatever time I have with my dogs. 

Wishing you Happy Holidays as well. 

@Shanus ...yes!!  Its what we sign up for!  I said "no more"...yet I rescued another dog.  Sooo love him!!!😍.  Yet I have a 15 year  old with serious health problems. I dont think I could be happy without another dog.  Give yourself time, and be be open to follow your heart.  Best to you!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  That's a nice memory of Sadie for you! I know how you miss her. Each pet is special and can't be replaced. They are all different just as we are. When they go we miss them terribly. Take care!

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

Sadie's ornament is very beautiful & sentimental.  What a lovely pooch she was.