Trusted Contributor

Re: SUDDEN CAT BITING AND AGGRESSION

@Somertime wrote:

@gizmogal   She mentioned TWICE in her opening post that he had been neutered!

Am I responsible for changes made to the original post after I replied?  The OP did not mention Bogey's neutered status in her first writing. She edited it after you saw fit to correct me so emphatically.  Dial it back, @Somertime , lest we scrutinize your posts for words you regret being noticed.  

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal Please feel free to scrutinize my posts at any time.  The OP responded that she edited the post after you posted.  I would have deleted my post but because she resonded to it, I coud not.

Trusted Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@gizmogal Please feel free to scrutinize my posts at any time.  The OP responded that she edited the post after you posted.  I would have deleted my post but because she resonded to it, I coud not.

The words you're looking for now are "oops, I didn't mean to be criticizing". Gracious manners are always in order. You can do better. 

However, I'll consider your original comment to me "deleted" as you would have if you could have.

I have better things to do than scrutinize your posts in future, unless they're relevant to me. But thanks for the invite. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 - I asked DH. He said it sounds like Bogey is not tiring out after playtime and he likes to play! He said you can try to vary the times you play with him, so he will be less demanding at other times. Try not to stop playing with him until you notice he is getting tired. He also said a laser pointer is one of the best interactive toys that will tire cats out. I do know when we play with ours with the laser pointer THEY let us know when they're done playing by either sitting still or walking away. 

He also said he doubts if it is anything physical if everything else is normal.

I know ours will try to get attention by jumping on us or giving strong "love" bites once in a while. Kitties love attention when THEY want it, no matter what you're doing!  Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I would say he got exposed to something-cleaning products, possibly potting items used outside, or possible food change. 

Respected Contributor

Hi @Tinkrbl44. Out of curiosity, is Bogey declawed?

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

Hi @Tinkrbl44. Out of curiosity, is Bogey declawed?

@sabatini 

Nope .... would never do that.    

Honored Contributor

You would be surprised at the answers you can receive by doing a Google for change of behavior biting.  

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Rough play can make a cat aggressive.  Have you noticed any new cats outside?  You could have visitors that only he sees or smells.  That can certiainly cause aggression.  A health check of course is important also.

Honored Contributor

I'd say see the vet.......if they are in pain, and we can't tell it, that might be it.  I don't have cats, but, that would be my guess. Hope it get better soon.  How old?