Esteemed Contributor

SEAMAIDEN ~ QUESTION ABOUT NATURAL FLEA TAG

@SeaMaiden  When you begin using a new flea tag, do you remove the old one?  The reason I ask is because it takes 3 to 4 weeks for the new one to be fully "activated".  I want him to have protection during the change.

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: SEAMAIDEN ~ QUESTION ABOUT NATURAL FLEA TAG

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden  When you begin using a new flea tag, do you remove the old one?  The reason I ask is because it takes 3 to 4 weeks for the new one to be fully "activated".  I want him to have protection during the change.

TIA

@tends2dogs     That is a very good question.  I have always just put on the new tag and disposed of the old tag. Maybe email CS at Natural Pet and ask them? If you get an answer back I would like to know what they say.. 

How are YOU and DH  doing these crazy days? How is your pup doing? Lots of walks I bet like buddy IS getting Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Willie is getting lots of walks.  We having walking paths and people are being respectful of the distancing.  There really aren't many people out and about.  Did I read your post right, you are not walking Buddy?  Is your weather prohibiting it?  It gives me a change of scenery a chance for some exercise.  

I will dig into this flea tag question and get back with you if I get an answer.  In the meantime, take care and stay safe!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs     Oh I walk Buddy just about everyday.  I will fix my post... why I put  he was not getting walks is a mystery HAHA!  Now with my love Lola gone... I am lavishing extra love on Buddy. He is my little pal!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I called their CS and she told me to me put the new one on with the old one, the old one closest to the dog.  After 3 to 4 weeks, take off the old one.  She said some people mark the old one with a Sharpie or nail polish to make sure they are removing the right one, even though the old one should be closest to the pet.

Hope that helps!

Esteemed Contributor

It is nice having a pal through this.  At least they don't get grouchy Woman Wink.  @SeaMaiden 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I called their CS and she told me to me put the new one on with the old one, the old one closest to the dog.  After 3 to 4 weeks, take off the old one.  She said some people mark the old one with a Sharpie or nail polish to make sure they are removing the right one, even though the old one should be closest to the pet.

Hope that helps!

@tends2dogs I wish they had shared this on the packaging... I had been doing it wrong all these years!  Thanks for the heads up! 

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

TIA

@tends2dogs 

Where do you get natural flea tags?

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sapphiregal  I bought mine on Chewy.com.

You can also get them from their site:  Only Natural Pet.

I use this along with Wondercide Flea and Tick spray - all natural.  I spray it on my guys feet and tail everytime we go out.  He also gets his feet washed everytime he goes out.  You would be surprised how dirty streets are Woman Surprised.  So far, so good.  

Hope you try it and have luck, too.  If you have a conventional vet, they will most likely poo poo it.  My holistic vet recommended it.