Esteemed Contributor

Re: DD's dog has lung cancer

So very sorry for your DD, @KingstonsMom.  It's a devastating diagnosis.

I learnt something when my precious Jade was diagnosed with metastic bone cancer - and had spread to her lung, as that's how that disease usually progresses I was told.  While putting up the fight, decided to have acupuncture done weekly on my girl.  It really helped.  But. what I learned was cancer is considered a hot element in Chinese medicine so you fight it with cold.  Vegetables, proteins - eggs, meat, poultry, fish, cheese, milk - are considered cold; carbs and starches, hot.  So, you DD may want to begin feeding her "Mama" with people food:  stop the kibble, etc. and make sure she cooks all the meats, etc.  The vet had told me that years ago raw meat could be given to dogs, but not nowadays 'cause it's just not safe enough.  Good luck and prayers from me and Eddy, my furbaby.Heart

Honored Contributor

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/35/7a/0d/357a0d3666e05242fdd9485dc64b31b1.jpg

Contributor

Truly a heartbreaking dx in our fur kids.  Lost 2 Goldens within 18 months to cardiac hemangiosarcoma. Putting aside the emotional aspects, one has to weigh the financial cost and unltimately the heavy physical cost to an older dog, especially life expectancy with and without treatment.  Cancer treatment is hard and sometimes the kindest thing is to let your pet have the best quality of life in the short term.  We were able to have 5 weeks post dx with our first girl and only 1 week post dx with our girl we lost in November.  This is an unpleasant club to be a member of but releaving your fur friend from the constraints of earthly suffering in the end is a true act of love.  My deepest condolences.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry for this bad news, you're family is in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

I am so very very sorry to read this.  Mama has a very sad story.  I didn't realize heartworms were ever too advanced to treat.  I hate puppy mills so much.  Your daughter is wonderful to have rescued her.  I'll keep her and Mama in my prayers.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

To love a dog is one of life’s best gifts. To lose a dog is one of life’s hardest. Experienced both. Thoughts and prayers to you all.

Respected Contributor

There are no words to ease the pain ... only that anyone who 'rescues' is as special as the animal they chose.  Blessings to all.

Until one has loved an animal,
a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

-- Anatole France

Esteemed Contributor

Sending prayers and (((HUGS)))

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom, I am saddened to read that your DD's dog has cancer. I understand the heartbreak having been though this with one of our cats. 

Sending prayers, and positive thoughts. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@KingstonsMom, I am saddened to read that your DD's dog has cancer. I understand the heartbreak having been though this with one of our cats. 

Sending prayers, and positive thoughts. 

@Tissyanne

Your avatar kitty is beautiful and looks just like one of DD's rescue kitties!

Those eyes just reach out and grab your heart!Heart

Her name was Biscuit and she lived to be 18 years old.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.