Honored Contributor

SAD NEWS ~ Please keep in mind before you open

[ Edited ]

xanda_advo.PNG

XANDA  HeartHeartHeart

BREAKING [20 July 2017]: Just a few weeks after the second anniversary of his own death, Cecil's six-year-old son, Xanda, was killed by a hunter in Zimbabwe, further proving that poachers and trophy hunters will continue to drive lions to extinction if more isn't done to stop them. He was killed in much the same way his father was, baited out of a sanctuary and WEARING A 4" wide research collar.  Unmistakable.

Every year, hundreds of thousands of wild animals are killed solely to obtain “trophies”—heads, hides or pelts, and even whole animals—to stuff, skin, and hang on a wall. A much-needed spotlight was shone on the little-exposed world of trophy hunting when Cecil the lion was killed by an American trophy hunter in 2015. Yet this was just one example of thousands of animals killed every year for “fun.”

~ BBC

Wild Cru has not posted this as of 6:30 7-2-2017

ROAR CECIL ! ! !

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Re: SAD NEWS ~ Please keep in mind before you open

I simply cannot understand why there is no penalty for anyone who sets out to destroy any animal, but especially the great beasts of the earth.  To me this is a tragedy greater than what one human inflicts on another. An animal is helpless against a gun. Years in prison or enormous fines might help to prevent this massacre. Denying the exportation of an animal that has been massacred might also discourage these idiots. Otherwise, it will continue until all wild animals are gone. Thank God for zoos. Given man's inhumanity and greed, they may be our only hope.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very simply, the government and President of Zimbabwe are crooked and get a nice kickback so the practice of killing trophy size animals is likely to continue. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Isn't the bigger issue that whack jobs are paying big $ to shoot a cornered animal? I would love to let a string of obscenities fly right now 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Isn't the bigger issue that whack jobs are paying big $ to shoot a cornered animal? I would love to let a string of obscenities fly right now 

@scatcat

*** Between the two of us we could turn the air over the BB blue!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Despicable.

Regular Contributor

THIS......ANGERS ME BEYOND BELIEF! !!!!!!!!!!!

It's Not hunting. ....It's KILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!   

When will it end???

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

xanda_advo.PNG

XANDA  HeartHeartHeart

BREAKING [20 July 2017]: Just a few weeks after the second anniversary of his own death, Cecil's six-year-old son, Xanda, was killed by a hunter in Zimbabwe, further proving that poachers and trophy hunters will continue to drive lions to extinction if more isn't done to stop them. He was killed in much the same way his father was, baited out of a sanctuary and WEARING A 4" wide research collar.  Unmistakable.

Every year, hundreds of thousands of wild animals are killed solely to obtain “trophies”—heads, hides or pelts, and even whole animals—to stuff, skin, and hang on a wall. A much-needed spotlight was shone on the little-exposed world of trophy hunting when Cecil the lion was killed by an American trophy hunter in 2015. Yet this was just one example of thousands of animals killed every year for “fun.”

~ BBC

Wild Cru has not posted this as of 6:30 7-2-2017

ROAR CECIL ! ! !

@Drythe

Just to add to your post, Xanda was killed by trophy hunter and safari owner, Richard Cooke, who also has killed another of Cecil's cubs in 2015.

Today we heard that a few days ago, Xanda, the son of #CecilTheLion has been shot on a trophy hunt by Zimbabwe PH Richard Cooke. Cooke also killed Xanda's brother in 2015, he was only about 4 years old then. Xanda is still a young father at 6.2 years old and has several young cubs. We can't believe that now, 2 years since Cecil was killed, that his oldest Cub #Xanda has met the same fate.

When will the Lions of Hwange National Park be left to live out their years as wild born free lions should...?

Image may contain: grass, plant, sky, tree, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, grass, outdoor and nature

Remember Cecil? This is his son Xanda and in the other photograph part of his pride of lions - as seen hunting buffalo not far from Little Makalolo Camp inside Hwange National Park. The pride woke us up one morning at 0300A and were in and around the camp until well after day-break.

https://www.facebook.com/lion.guardians.hwange/posts/678998725616717

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

What is this pice of trash doing?  Trying to kill all of Cecil's decendents?

I wish I could say what I really think of these people.

And just for those who think differently about the killing; XANDA was mulitated like Cecil and his body left to rot.  There was no Happy Dancing, clebration and sacred, stregnth, giving meat eating traditional party held by the locals as another poster sugested.

Thanks for posting more.