Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

I understand about the cooking issue.  We have one of the electric flat top stoves, so even after cooking, the burners stay hot for awhile.  My girls don't jump to the high surfaces anymore, so I'm glad that nightmare has been laid to rest Smiley Wink

I do hope your Sweet Henry behaves himself soon, but kids will be kids, so I'm thinking you still need to stay on guard.  At least you don't need to worry about Sweet Frankie.  Which, by the way, how is Frankie doing (healthwise) these days?  You're a great pet Mommy, so I've no doubt your kids will stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@NickNack 

I understand about the cooking issue.  We have one of the electric flat top stoves, so even after cooking, the burners stay hot for awhile.  My girls don't jump to the high surfaces anymore, so I'm glad that nightmare has been laid to rest Smiley Wink

I do hope your Sweet Henry behaves himself soon, but kids will be kids, so I'm thinking you still need to stay on guard.  At least you don't need to worry about Sweet Frankie.  Which, by the way, how is Frankie doing (healthwise) these days?  You're a great pet Mommy, so I've no doubt your kids will stay safe.

@ScenicMaine   Thanks for asking about Frankie.  She seems to be doing well.  I'm giving her melatonin and using Duoxo mousse for the circle of hair loss on both sides.  She has an appointment with the opthalmologist on Tuesday, and I hope he will say that her eye is continuing to improve.  She's gone from eye drops six times a day to three times a day.  The goal is to quit them completely.  If she's not able to do that she will have to continue them at least once a day for life.

Frankie has never had anything wrong with her until now.  She had a UTI, the skin problem and the eye problem all at the same time.  She's 7 1/2 years old.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you for Frankie's update.  I hope her eye continues to improve & good luck  with her appt. Tuesday.  Sweet Frankie doesn't deserve all the medical problems she's had back-to-back.  Poor girl, I'm sure she wondered what the heck was going on.  But, she knows she has "dependable Mom" on her side.  Heart