Trusted Contributor

Good morning. We made it through another rough night. Sometime during the morning hours I just passed out even with the crying. I woke up this morning at 6 and he was asleep. He is feeling bad this morning. I have to figure out what to give him to ease his pain today. Last night's trial did not work. It made him spacey and nervous but didn't take his pain away. Trying not to have to use the er vet and call mine in the morning.

Have a blessed day everyone.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry. You and he can't take another day of this. I think you should consider taking him to the emergency vet for everyone's sake. Then you can follow-up with your vet tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

Good morning. We made it through another rough night. Sometime during the morning hours I just passed out even with the crying. I woke up this morning at 6 and he was asleep. He is feeling bad this morning. I have to figure out what to give him to ease his pain today. Last night's trial did not work. It made him spacey and nervous but didn't take his pain away. Trying not to have to use the er vet and call mine in the morning.

Have a blessed day everyone.

If he is in so much pain he is crying you need to do something now.  Picking and choosing from various medications you have hanging around is not an option.  You need to stop his suffering and get him proper medical care, now.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@Renata22   It sounds like your pup needs immediate Professional medical attention. I pray he gets it.

This is from fdadotgov/animal-vet website:

Most adverse reactions are mild, but some result in permanent impairment or even death. If the client can recognize a possible reaction and stop the medication while seeking veterinary attention for the dog, quick action may make the difference between a good outcome and a disaster.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all of your input. We gave him a half dose of rimadyl last night because he was in so much pain. It helped and he slept through the night. I gave him another half dose this morning and he's nervous. Not sure what's going on. I called the vet and waiting for a call back. 

I know you are all trying to help & I really appreciate it. When I put my business out there I expect to get scolded a bit. What you don't know is my baby is a cryer. He cries when he's happy and when he's not. That makes it very hard to diagnose a problem. When we brought him to the er vet on Christmas night, they gave him injections of pain meds and he came home and cried the rest of the night. I know he is in pain. The surgery was the second in 2 years. Each time it was very hard on him. We are trying our very best to do what will make him comfortable and hopefully have some joy in his life again. It's been very discouraging that he didn't have but a few good weeks after the last surgery in Nov. He had a whole good year after the other surgery, in Nov of 2020. Most of the time I am too tired and worried to function all that well. I am trying my best and seeking out help from wherever I can. 

Thank you again.