Honored Contributor

@Retired Legal Secretary--Petunia's surgery

[ Edited ]

@Retired Legal Secretary How is Petunia doing since her spay surgery?  Is she jumping on and off things?

I know this isn't paging you.  I couldn't get your name to come up.  I just hope you'll see it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Retired Legal Secretary--Petunia's surgery

@NickNack  She's doing great. Today is day 10.  We did what we could restricting her activities.  Let me tell you, that little kitty is smarter than both DD and I. Whatever we tried, she figured out a way around, under or over it.

She is back to normal.  We tried putting her in a large dog kennel.  Yeah, didn't work.  She was climbing and jumping trying to get out.  We were afraid she would hurt herself so out she came. We blocked the steps, she tried going over anything we put in front of her.  But we made it to day 10.

They said 10 days to 2 weeks for containment.  Her incision looks great and the hair is growing back on her little belly.

We had taken her catnip toys due to her throwing in the air and jumping and twisting trying to catch them. They are in a box in my bedroom with the door shut. If I go toward that door she is right there. She knows where they are.

Thanks for asking about her.  How is her beau, Henry?  lol  I still say they would have had the cutest kittens.  Oh dear, can you imagine a bundle of little Henry/Petunia's running around?

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I'm so glad Petunia is doing well!  I thought she would.  I have never confined a kitten of mine after spay/neuter surgery.

I definitely agree that Henry and Petunia's kittens would have been beautiful!  It was too late for Henry before you even got Petunia.  I can imagine how cute and feisty they would have been though.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  I forgot to say that once we took her catnip toys, we left her little balls she just pushes around.  No jumping etc. so we figured she was good with those.

DD went to throw a crumpled post note in the wastebasket and missed. Before she could get out of her chair Petunia had it in her mouth.  Dropped it, threw it in the air and did exactly what we didn't want her to do.  DD went to take it and P flew up the stairs with the paper in her mouth. She carried that dumb thing around for half an hour.  She knew if she let go we would confiscate it.  

Life with Little P has not been dull. Poor old Tess just sits and watches the little maniac running around.  She looks at us like "is she really, really staying?"

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   LOL!  Petunia's antics are hilarious.  I would love to see a video of her doing these things.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  My daughter has tried to record her and that kitten must be part Cheetah.  She is out of the frame in seconds.  We will keep trying.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Petunia cracks me up!  From the sounds of things, she will be entertaining you for a few more years (at least) because of her spunk and intelligence!

She won't grow up without a fight, LOL

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  lol.  You have no idea.  When she lays on the edge of a table or the cat tower she always has her 2 front paws dangling over the edge.  We have named it the P dangle.  If it's only 1 paw it's a half a P dangle.  

Of course,we get laughing like a pair of loons and there's Petunia, dangling, with a "What?" look on her face.