Esteemed Contributor

Resting on a Sunday afternoon.

Check out the hair in the ears or as we call them when she's in trouble, her horns.

IMG_0697.JPG

Valued Contributor

Re: Resting on a Sunday afternoon.

OMG What a cutie pie!

Esteemed Contributor

What a cutie....made me chuckle!

Trusted Contributor

Even relaxing, that cute kitty looks like Trouble Incorporated!  Kittens are cuckoo bundles of energy. 
She's a beauty, for sure. 

Respected Contributor

I loved the stories about Petunia's antics, and it's wonderful to be able to put a sweet face to the tales of her adventures.

She reminds me of a wonderful little female tuxedo I lost a couple of years ago to a longstanding battle with an upper respiratory infection that couldn't be cured. Tuxedos have such inscrutable expressions and their eyes give nothing away, and you never know what they're going to do next. I hope my next cat is a tuxie, but that's up to the Cat Fates.

Love Petunia. Can't wait until she and Henry are pinned. Cat Wink

Trusted Contributor

It's easy to see Petunia has already taken over your domain.  From this point on, be prepared to find her anywhere .... at least that's how it happened both times when my 2 different sets of cats were kittens.

My 2 sr. girls both have long hair in their ears.

I just know your Little Girl will bring you so many laughs, love & enjoyment.

Esteemed Contributor

@ScenicMaine  My older cat, also a stray, I got in 2008, has very long hair.  

She's has a lot of ear hair too.

She is probably 12 lbs., Petunia was 3.1 last time at the vet.  P loves to torment the poor older cat.  She's gotten her clock cleaned a couple of times but isn't afraid of the 8/9 lb. difference.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I sometimes wonder if I were to adopt a kitten to live with our 2 sr. girls, what the sr. girls' reaction would be.  As it is, one of my girls is the dominant one & every so often, she needs reprimanding.  Something tells me a kitten wouldn't be welcomed by them .. kittens have so much energy & my girls' energy level is much less these days.

But, I've seen smaller dogs be fearless against much larger dogs.  I don't understand where all of their spunk comes from.  

I truly hope your older kitty will be able to get along with Petunia.  Makes life much easier.  I also understand that cats are very territorial.  Good luck,

Esteemed Contributor

@ScenicMaine  I think they will be fine in time.  The older girl, Tess, was 4 months old when I got her. She has never been playful.  She isn't a cuddler.  Since Petunia has been here Tess has actually played a couple of times.

A few years ago I had an orange male (actually I've heard orange cats are usually male) Tess never took to him.  She didn't hurt him but wanted nothing to do with him.  Maybe because he was a male.

Honored Contributor

I love her ears.  I'm so glad you're posting pictures of her now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau