Super Contributor

Requesting Prayers for My 15 year old Cat

Please say a prayer for my 15 year old cat Mary.  She is not doing well.  Tomorrow Saturday morning at 9:30 am I have an appointment to put her to sleep.  We have had her since she is 1 years old and she has had a wonderful life with us.   I know she will always be with me but this is hard.   Please keep Mary and Rich and I in your thoughts and prayers.  

Thank you and bless you!

Tallgal

Respected Contributor

Re: Requesting Prayers for My 15 year old Cat

@Tallgal , sorry that you have to g thru this, but it is the kindest thing to do. My sister had an appointment last night to have her 3 year old (former feral) cat put to sleep, but he died in bed with her during the night Wed.. He had suddenly gone blind and was thought he had a brain tumor. She's heart broken as she raised him and his 2 sisters from 3 week old kittens. I wish you peace and remember she is always with you in spirit. 

Respected Contributor

@Tallgal 

No matter the length of life together, no matter the reason for the end of our cherished pet, no matter the way our pet passes - WE HAVE ENORMOUS PAIN, I know this all too well.

However, I emplore you as I keep you in my prayers,  no matter all of the above - LET THE LOVE and the LAUGHTER  (cats are indeed lil clowns)  and the JOY you shared with your baby girl Mary be the light that guides you out of your anguish.

I hope you will open your hearts to another baby sometime in the future when you are ready...seems to me your home is the purrrrfect place for a furry friend to live happily ever after.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers for all of you!  

Saying goodbye, to our beloved pets, is so hard, even though, we know we're doing what's right for them.  

She will never be further away, than a memory!  Treasure all the happy times, you shared. 💕

Valued Contributor

I've been there more times than I can count.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and know that you are giving Mary the final act of your love.  God bless all of you.   docsgirl

Respected Contributor

Heartfelt prayers of comfort and peace for Dear Mary and you today, tonight and tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

It's a horrible decision so many of us have had to make.  But as you say, Mary has had a wonderful life with you.  It still hurts, though, no matter how long and how wonderful their time with us has been.  I'm so sorry.

💔🐾❤️🙏

92A1F3D7-72FA-42C2-8A6F-90346801A116.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Tallgal 

Prayers for you and your fur baby. I have  lost two and it's like a big hole in your heart. One was 20 years old and the other was just seven.  They are like one of the family. 

But it sounds like Mary had a wonderful life and lots of love. And in return we get a lot of unconditional love back from our fur baby's and they can be so bossy at times. That's why we loved them so much I guess , so much personality and everything on their terms. 

Prayers for comfort in your sadness. 😢

Respected Contributor

Hugs for you and your family.

Single Flower You're Always in My Thoughts Sympathy Card - Greeting Cards -  Hallmark | Sympathy cards handmade, Sympathy cards, Cards handmade

Honored Contributor

@Tallgal - I'm so sorry. We all go through it. You don't want Mary to be in pain. You have given her a happy life, and I have no doubt you will be together again. Billy Graham said God wants us to be happy in heaven, and how can we be happy without our beloved pets? I will pray for Mary and you and Rich. (((HUGS)))