Respected Contributor

Re: Remembering Frankie And All Of Our Pets That Have Passed

@GingerPeach  Have you ever watched "Grey friars Bobby" the movie?  It is a real tear jerker as well but I loved it too.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza and @Boomernichols 

I used to watch sad dog movies more often, but lately I never do it deliberately. I'm not sure, but it may be harder once you've actually lived with pets and experienced life with them. Do you think so, or am I just imagining that?

I think I may have seen a film about Greyfriars Bobby, boomer.

The Hachi movie kind of snuck up on me that one night when there wasn't anything else on. Funny how that happens. Well, it was a very cleansing cry. 

These days I check the doesthedogdie website, just to make sure.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@ Homegirl - I definitely think a person who has never been owned by a dog or cat would not be as affected by these sad animal movies as we are.  I have been keeping away from them lately.  I have The Art of Racing in the Rain recorded, but haven't watched it yet.  Not sure, but it looked, in commerials, that it probably has an ending I won't like.  Thanks for mentioning that website.  I plan on using it in the future.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss all my kitties who've crossed over. But, I especially miss my Sushi. She's been gone 13 years now but I think about her all the time. She's the pic on my avatar.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The dog with the angel wings looks just like my Kayli....she left us too soon...was only 7 years old when she suddenly got very sick.

I miss...

Dutchess

Minnie

Shasha

Kayli

Simba ...who passed away last month.  That's her in my avatar.

Valued Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza I recently watched this movie when I had a bout of insomnia. Without giving much away,it wasn't a tearjerking ending. I refuse to watch Marley and Me and some other movies  people had mentioned. A friend recommended Togo on Disney Plus so I will have to look up that one before viewing.

Valued Contributor

@NickNack  Thanks for posting this.One of my BFF just lost her 16 year old Basset Hound. Since I can't see her,I have been emailing and texting her love and encourgagement.I sent this to her today.I wasn't sure if it was too soon but she appreciated it.

BTW,she told me she contacted Chewy to cancel her auto  refills for her doggie. She was crying and the customer service rep cancelled them then credited her account and told her to throw any meds away without a return. The next day, a big bouquet of beautiful flowers arrived at her home from Chewy. Now that's great customer service!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza 

It's well done, but don't watch it.  I did and cried my heart out.

No animal movies for me....ever.   I even hate seeing Westerns where the horses are running or in fights.

I just cannot watch without feeling sick and sad!

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

@NickNack  Thanks for posting this.One of my BFF just lost her 16 year old Basset Hound. Since I can't see her,I have been emailing and texting her love and encourgagement.I sent this to her today.I wasn't sure if it was too soon but she appreciated it.

BTW,she told me she contacted Chewy to cancel her auto  refills for her doggie. She was crying and the customer service rep cancelled them then credited her account and told her to throw any meds away without a return. The next day, a big bouquet of beautiful flowers arrived at her home from Chewy. Now that's great customer service!

@Estates   Wow!  That was so nice.  They do have excellent customer service.  I ordered a memory foam dog bed from them about six months ago, and it never expanded the way it was supposed to.  It was so big that I wasn't going to return it, but I wrote a review about it.

Someome contacted me and told me that they credited my account back and to keep or donate the bed.  It was about $90, and I was very impressed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau