Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for safe flea/tick/heartworm meds

For fleas and ticks ,i use the seresto collar.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been seeing articles here and there stating that ticks are supposed to be bad this year.  Here, in the midwest, anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Lovemyboots wrote:

I know this subject has been beat to death. But I have been giving my dogs Nextgard & Heartgard with no problems. Now suddenly one of mine is showing signs that he isn't doing well on this regime. So I am now on the hunt again for something that is safe, and works for him!  Sorry to keep bringing this up!  I will keep my girl on what she is on because she seems to be doing fine. Just my boy seems to be sensitve to a lot of things. Any thoughts or suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks

@Lovemyboots  Have you been giving them the meds on separate days?  This is the way it should be done.

Honored Contributor

@Lovemyboots wrote:

Google Bravecto before you start using it.  Many dogs have died from this.
I actually have been doing a lot of searches on flea products that need a script to get. Not pleased with what I have found. I know when my boy is having problems with something I have given him. That is why I asked about "safe" ones. Maybe I should have put "Natural ones that work." I use the one from the vet for my girl & she does ok but like I said my boy. no. Vet changed him to others but after awhile we are right back to them bothering him. I guess I was hoping someone might know of or has used something more natural that works. I hate to see him miserable after taking these flea meds.
@Lovemyboots  I use Frontline Plus on my two little terriers applied once a month to their shoulder area.